Sealer for Wood Branches?

cital

Ok, so yesterday I posted about making the mistake of setting up my enclosure with grape vine wood. I am planning on keeping things as is until the wood goes south... I was talking to one of my friends and he asked if the wood could be sealed??? So, would it be possible to treat my branches with some sort of sealer that is safe for the chameleon? Thanks!

To be honest with you Cital. I wouldn't do it. I have Sealed wooden enclosures however my Chams aren't walking on the wood. You have to figure they could potentially dig their nails into the sealant. Let the wood go south but, in the mean time look for natural branches. Cannot go wrong.

I can not say with 100% accuracy that this is cham safe, but I sealed some driftwood a few years back for some of my snake enclosures with "Minwax" and no negative signs showed in my animals.

Sealing it will also remove texture and eventually it will wear off and the wood will start to deteriorate in those places... If you really want to keep the wood you could try sealing it with epoxy which, when hardened, is not toxic and gets quite hard. I've coated foam background for an aquarium with that as well as a background of a terrarium.

Back
Top Bottom