Screen on home made cage

Paulycham

I made a cage for my cham and i bought some screen at Home depot but it's not metal screen. I want to change it but not sure what kind to get. I need a screen that if he climbs on it he won't break any toenails. Any suggestions? Thank you..

There is something called pet screen.. I love that stuff. It is a little more expensive, but it has no metal.. it is basically fibers coated in some plastic.

I used it in my 3' tegu's cage.

I used the pet screen on my enclosure sides. It has openings wide enough for your cham to climb rather safely and crickets don't see, to eat it. It is harder to see through though so I used an acrylic door.

Yes that pet screen is very hard to see through. I have used that many times when my dogs go through the patio doors. I love Andersen's new screen that is see through. I just got all new screens for my house and there are great. Not sure what it is made of but makes viewing awesome!!!!!! You can get in rolls from a home supply store.

I didn't want to start a new thread so i found the Plastic coated hardware at home depot and it was expensive. They had some that was black and it was plastic, it was only $10.00 for a roll the size i needed. The only problem i can think of is the crickets can escape through the holes... any ideas? Thanks for the help....
Pauly

I usually end up buying out my local Home Depot of 1/2" plastic hardware cloth, have been using it for years and works very well.. The solution to makeing it bug proof is adding an external layer of either normal windown screening or poster board, both are great options! Here is a photo of a fresh build pre/posterboard, the second photo is with poster board as well as a 60% covered lexan door..

Attachments

• chamcage2 (2).jpg
    chamcage2 (2).jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 212
  • chamcage2 (1).jpg
    chamcage2 (1).jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom