Screen mesh

coastal_chameleon

Avid Member
Does anyone know where I can find screen mesh for a diy chameleon cage ? I need mesh that's used on the reptibreeze cages ! Or something similar !!

reptibreeze doesnt use aluminum, they used galvanized steel. Its why some have a light rusting issues from miss aimed misters.

Personally if you are not going to be just tossing in feeders, i would get the more feet friendly 1/2" mess. Then the cham can climb all over.

Other names are hardware cloth and poultry netting.

reptibreeze doesnt use aluminum, they used galvanized steel. Its why some have a light rusting issues from miss aimed misters.

Personally if you are not going to be just tossing in feeders, i would get the more feet friendly 1/2" mess. Then the cham can climb all over.

Other names are hardware cloth and poultry netting.
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind with the big stuff, that if you need to keep stuff out as well.

We have serious issues with Black widows coming inside in the winter, and occasionally mice. So I opted to not use the 1/2 inch to keep things out more than a concern with keeping them in. If your cham ingests a Widow or Recluse, well no more Cham.

However Nightanole has a point with the climbing of the walls, but there is a better way!

Dont use Screen Sides/Back, make those solid wood and then panel them with Cork bark Panels, like these https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Natural-Background-24-Inch/dp/B0019IW0IM You can find them cheaper and thats not a good example of the texture.

Here is an old pic of mine with the walls,
69349746_2633708136692462_1506704179891011584_o (1).jpg

The Cham can climb those walls easily, and safely.

It's not cheap though. That cage is 4x2x4, ran me like 250 for the cork panels.

Last edited:
Oh recent pic. So you can see the cork will blend. :).

Sadly my plants are not growing as fast as I would like, except that Vine.

This was way more covered by that Vine when I decided it was Cham ready, but I thought it was attracting ants so I ripped it out and then put it back.

I still think it's bringing ants, but man does it grow. You seen how small it was in the first pic that was right after I put that plant in, like October, it was 2 feet, 3 maybe, it was 22 when I pulled it out, all the leaves died after putting it back and it's growing them back again, quickly.

IMG_20200117_162603.jpg

Last edited:
Oh recent pic. So you can see the cork will blend. :).

Sadly my plants are not growing as fast as I would like, except that Vine.

This was way more covered by that Vine when I decided it was Cham ready, but I thought it was attracting ants so I ripped it out and then put it back.

I still think it's bringing ants, but man does it grow. You seen how small it was in the first pic that was right after I put that plant in, like October, it was 2 feet, 3 maybe, it was 22 when I pulled it out, all the leaves died after putting it back and it's growing them back again, quickly.

View attachment 256335
thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom