Screen climbing

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
I only have seen my chameleon screen climb once and it was the day after I got him so I didn’t give too much DISREGARD

Last edited:
What if I don’t want to disregard? Huh! What then? ;)
While we do what we can to prevent it such as adding more branches and vines in strategic areas, some chams are just going to do whatever they want and there’s not a thing we can do about it. A couple of my girls take advantage of their screens, especially when they are receptive. One of my boys squeezes past the branches I placed to prevent his screen climbing so he can get to his favorite screen climbing spot. If they can and want to, they will.

Sometimes I get on here in a panick and it’s like the equivalent of a night out drinking lol I can’t erase what I said and I feel stupid for panicking and not first looking up some videos ect. Thank you so much I super appreciate you! I think I really did just annoy him by hanging out to long by his house. He’s come down now

I just wonder if me having my turtles enclosure next to my chameleons is causing them both stress? Should I move them around so they can’t see each other. He never really climbs the screen, maybe it’s just something new he’s gonna start doing. I added a couple bend a branches thinking maybe he’s bored with what he has. Any thoughts on having the enclosures set up they way they are?

Attachments

• E5ACF5C6-A4BC-4B3A-89B5-F1D880BDCA65.jpeg
    E5ACF5C6-A4BC-4B3A-89B5-F1D880BDCA65.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 38
I just wonder if me having my turtles enclosure next to my chameleons is causing them both stress? Should I move them around so they can’t see each other. He never really climbs the screen, maybe it’s just something new he’s gonna start doing. I added a couple bend a branches thinking maybe he’s bored with what he has. Any thoughts on having the enclosures set up they way they are?
I doubt if he is reacting to the turtles. They sit so much lower and they are a slow moving animal. He probably has not paid the enclosure much attention. But isnt your boy getting older now? If so this may be him fully patrolling his area.

My chameleon is going nuts in my cage. climbing on the top of the cage, simular to spider man, even though my light is new.
Hey there. I would post a thread of your own with pics of your chameleon and your enclosure. A lot of times they do this when something is not quite right. Then when you fix it they settle.

I doubt if he is reacting to the turtles. They sit so much lower and they are a slow moving animal. He probably has not paid the enclosure much attention. But isnt your boy getting older now? If so this may be him fully patrolling his area.
He is! Your right! Haha just seemed so out of no where, he did it again today right after eating so I have a feeling you’re exactly right. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom