SCORE! Butterfly cages

theresaintucson

After hauling cages outside to let my chams take advantage of this gorgeous weather, I decided to check out Laurie's suggestion about buying butterfly cages as temporary sunning cages.
I was able to find 5 cages 24 inches tall for a little over $9.00 each plus $6.00 for shipping.
I'm happy about this solution. Especially after almost falling into the pool with one cage.

After hauling cages outside to let my chams take advantage of this gorgeous weather, I decided to check out Laurie's suggestion about buying butterfly cages as temporary sunning cages.
I was able to find 5 cages 24 inches tall for a little over $9.00 each plus $6.00 for shipping.
I'm happy about this solution. Especially after almost falling into the pool with one cage.

I did not offer any ideas for swimming with cages.:eek: Glad you got and are happy with them.:)

After almost falling in the pool, carrying a 4 foot tall cage, I immediately went on ebay to find those cages! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this tip... Love this idea so I started googling them :D. I saw a "flower" greenhouse I loved but it says it's UV resistant... wouldn't this defect the purpose of the sun basking for the cham? Plus the open bottom might not be good either. The butterfly ones I found seem to be more opaque so I liked this one more. Here's the link http://www.allgreenhouses.com/Flowerhouse-FHSP300CL-XJ1015.html What do you all think? TIA

Thanks for sharing this tip... Love this idea so I started googling them :D. I saw a "flower" greenhouse I loved but it says it's UV resistant... wouldn't this defect the purpose of the sun basking for the cham? Plus the open bottom might not be good either. The butterfly ones I found seem to be more opaque so I liked this one more. Here's the link http://www.allgreenhouses.com/Flowerhouse-FHSP300CL-XJ1015.html What do you all think? TIA

Omg-I love this.

The UV resistance would be counterproductive to what our chams need I think.

theresaintucson... That's what I was thinking & had asked in the above post I wrote. I loved the "flower" greenhouse I posted the link to but UV resistant would I think be counter productive (the reason why they basking in the first place). I'm making sure I'm not wrong though because I love that greenhouse I found.

Anyone else have an opinions on this??? Am I missing something? TIA

theresaintucson... That's what I was thinking & had asked in the above post I wrote. I loved the "flower" greenhouse I posted the link to but UV resistant would I think be counter productive (the reason why they basking in the first place). I'm making sure I'm not wrong though because I love that greenhouse I found.

Anyone else have an opinions on this??? Am I missing something? TIA

Well, we could still use our UVB lamps inside it. (Notice I said "We" because I LOVE that greenhouse!)

Well, we could still use our UVB lamps inside it. (Notice I said "We" because I LOVE that greenhouse!)

LOL... well maybe that will work. We could hang them inside somehow... It would take more then one in that large of an area. Really though the reason I want to bring my cham out there is the first place is for all that natural sunlight. What to do?!?!

Okay that one looks best for newborns. I might have to make a trip to Ikea! :D

Trust me its worth the trip and you can also hang it on ur porch or balcony...etc.

Just check them hanging out...

Attachments

• P1080655.jpg
    P1080655.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom