School Project: Habitat Automation

Specific for chams at this point, more specifically for a veiled. It will be truly a prototype by August, since I will be presenting it then as a research project, but I will be working on it and adding to it after my deadline.

Not yet, I have spent most of my time wiring and coding the Python, but tomorrow I am going to get together with a couple others working on similar projects and spend the day fooling around with HTML/PHP/JavaScript for it.

Good evening. I am working with a team at the University of New Hampshire to try to make a start-up company. Our first product is a system that will allow a pet owner (specifically for a pet who dwells in some sort of enclosure) to set schedules and target parameters for their pets’ habitat. For example, one could set separate daytime and nighttime temperature and humidity targets, as well as have things like a mister run on a schedule that can change based on day of the week, month, or other parameter.

Our system will monitor the environment (minimally the temperature and humidity of the basking area, mid-gradient, and far-gradient), and control things like misters and heat bulbs based on those sensors. The current information can be viewed and everything can be controlled and set from the web or on your phone.

I am hoping to get feedback on this product so that I can make it fit what you guys want, and what our pets need. No information is shared or sold, and we only ask for name and email to prove to our professor that the responses are real.

Survey Monkey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HBN9BH2

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thank you in advance!
There are many systems available now, none are perfect, but this may be the best way to potentially create a great system. Such a system could be useful for many species of reptiles, birds and mammals. One thing I'd like to see is a ramp system mimicking a sunrise/sunset, along with overcast/storm settings leading into rain or mist sessions. Selling different components seems to be the most popular way to sell. You can avoid getting options you don't want to pay for that way.

So what is your target price point for an entry system? Are these for he typical keepers or for breeders?

Back
Top Bottom