Schefflera

Mine dont normally drop many leaves, like the ficus trees will when moved to a new location. If you arent using a seperate plant grow bulb i'd add one and it will prob fix the situation....

I agree, adding a second 6500K flouresent tube "grow light" (cheap @ home-depot) really helps your plants and brightens the cage nicely. Also be aware of over watering due to misters & drippers... Be sure to allow for good drainage in your plants pots. Cheers!

Scheffleras drown easily - might be overwatering it. They die quickly with too much water...as I've learned after multiple failed attempts.

It depends on the outside light. You live in Florida where the sun is more intense then say Delaware. I keep mine outside in the summer but when I move it inside most all the leaves fall off, and regrow. When I take It outside again in the spring it drops all it leaves and starts over. When you change light intensity on a plant you have to do it gradually. It almost like acclimating a fish to a new fish tank. You can't just dump it in if the ph or temps are extremely different the fish will die.

I have noticed that with ficus. But not with Schefflerra. They seem at least in my exp to be able to handle indoor lighting and abuse better than any ficus trees Ive ever had. You still need good drainage for the roots but they shouldnt drop leaves when healthy.

Schefflera make me crazy! I have had some that live just fine in darker Reptariums, and then have some in screen cages that lose all their leaves and die. No rhyme or reason!

Schefflera make me crazy! I have had some that live just fine in darker Reptariums, and then have some in screen cages that lose all their leaves and die. No rhyme or reason!

See i have the same issue with ficus. That and the whole sticky white sap has gotten me away from using them. I was forced to buy a cpl this week because the schefflerras in the size i needed were not to be found yet.:rolleyes: They will have tons in another month or two.

Back
Top Bottom