Schedule mist in morning?

Kimmers

How soon after lights on can I mist? Should Elodin be basking first or is it ok to mist while he's still on his sleeping branch or heading over to bask?

(I tried searching for an answer first because I'm sure it's been asked before.)

Mine comes on 40 minutes after my lights, I like to have th cage warmed up before the water comes on. Because one time, I had it come on right before the lights, and he got really cold and he wouldn't move until I picked him up and moved him under his basking light, and that morning, my house wasn't even below 70 degrees.

My 5 min mist at 6:45 am is my alarm clock. Sun rise is around 6:30am. I wake up, check that hes under the misters, and go about my business. About 15min later its food time and im off to work.

You can mist right before lights go on to mimic morning dew on leaves, but I like to let the enclosure heat up a bit before misting. Lights come on and I think about 30 minutes after the basking bulb comes on is the first misting session.

Opposite - going to sleep wet from misters

I know that he gets wet sometimes from the misters in the evening. If he and the cage are still wet,is this ok? It's dry by the morning before the misters come back on. Or should I back off the timers a few hours before sunset?

I would also say to try to have the enclosure mostly dry before lights out. My last misting is around 4ish and lights are out by 8. Its mostly dry except for a few leaves.

I would also say to try to have the enclosure mostly dry before lights out. My last misting is around 4ish and lights are out by 8. Its mostly dry except for a few leaves.

I'm actually thinking lights and misters off around 6pm. It seems once the sun reaches the western side of the house, my Cham starts getting into the bedtime mode regardless even though it's still light outside
Thanks for your imput

I'm actually thinking lights and misters off around 6pm. It seems once the sun reaches the western side of the house, my Cham starts getting into the bedtime mode regardless even though it's still light outside
Thanks for your imput

I should have been more specific with the lights off statement. Its more of a process for my enclosure :D. Here's a look at my lighting schedule. It also has the misting schedule in the details. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/771-spring-lighting-schedule.html

The sun brightens the room the enclosure is located in during the evenings this time of year, so I have the timers go off later. You can see the difference in the link to the winter lighting schedule here... https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html.
Hope this gives you some ideas! :D

Back
Top Bottom