Scaly Eye Turret

FlChamMom

Avid Member
I know that there have been numerous threads on eye issues, however I cannot find any answers on this issue.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.
7 month old male ambilobe, in my care for one month.
How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
2-3x weekly to take outside for sunlight
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 8 -10 crickets, 3-4 silkworms, every morning he gets a butterworm or superworm hand fed as a treat. Crickets are gut-loaded with Repashy Superload for first 24 hours then greens such as kale, collards, mustards, apples, oranges etc. I use Cricket Quencher as the water source.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Crickets dusted with calcium no d3 daily, alternate calcium with d3 & reptivite on Saturdays (each 2x month)
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I use a MistKing, 5 minute mistings at 8:30 & 4:30 15 minute misting at 12:45. I have seen him drink.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? brown solid, off white urate. He did test positive for pinworm eggs by breeder, was sucesfully treated and tested clear before I got him
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 24x24x48 screen
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Arcadia t-5 HO 12% 60w incandescent for basking
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 85-87 basking, 75-77 ambiant I have gauges but also use a temp gun
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? humidity spikes at 70% then drops to 50%
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? pothos and umbrella pant, a few fake vines
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? low traffic area (separate room for cham and geckos) not under vent or fan
Location - Where are you geographically located?
North Fl
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
One of Zeke's eyes seems irritated, he does the "eye roll" and rubs it on branches and vines. I have tried warm misting and saline drops diluted with distilled h2o. Eye is not closed, skin on turret seems scaly and irritaited. I do not want this to become anything serious- can anyone give me any suggestions on either husbandry issues or ideas?

Sounds normal to me. Chameleons mess with their eyes a whole lot and if he's shedding his eye are just bothering him that much more. But pics would help too! Also warm showers help!

I can't seem to get the pictures to upload but you were right about the shed- when I got home he was a big mess... The eye with the issue however still looks bad- it was shut this morning when he woke up. I misted him with warm water and he was able to open it. Is there anything else I need to be doing??

Back
Top Bottom