Scaled! New show on Animal Planet

At this point right now, it’s just animal planet, but I can imagine it will show up on there at some point, either after the first season is done, which is 10 1 hour episodes or once season 2 airs

One of our members had his chameleon filmed for the intro. There is a thread somewhere.
He was was super secretive about what the show was but this has to be it.

Last edited:
The show is based around Canada and area. Alberta and Calgary specifically (where I currently live) , and the guys in the are about as genuine as it comes when it comes to business. Cornels World Terrariums and Jungle Jewel Exotics are two of the main business involved. They both specialize in the creation and maintenance of exotics. Cornels World makes beautiful custom enclosures and Jungle Jewels makes them pretty inside to suite the needs of the animal.

Both Greg and Lucus are upstanding gentlemen who are part of a bigger group of leaders in reptiles and their care here in Canada.

It goes without saying that any reality show comes with drama because that's what life is filled with, but they really do care about the animals and their needs. Reptiles are always portrayed negatively in media, so I really hope it comes across positively in the show. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys Greg West here and I'm the owner of Cornel's World which the show is based on. We're almost done filming season 1 a d look forward to getting a season 2. It's been a ton of fun but a lot of late nights and hard work to pull these builds off. We have worked really hard to ensure that the reptiles needs were first and foremost in each and every build and that this isn't going to be a reptile version of Tanked. There is a ton of reptile education and not a scripted show at all. Make sure you check it out! We can't wait to see the first episode ourselves!

So it has been a week or so since the debut...
What did everyone think???

Here's my two cents...

First, "American" reality TV, what the hell is that? I don't care for anything reality based since the first one I remember - SURVIVOR o_O I was so excited for this until I realized that there was no actual survival involved, just DRAMA :cautious:. And, it isn't just America doing it so don't blame us...

As for Scaled, I have one complaint (and it isn't a real one :D). The first episode is about amphibians :confused::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:!!! Really though, I thought the fact that the build was very beautiful and also did showcase some of the techniques and products used, as well as the plants and drainage, showed a lot about what goes into the care of the animals. There was no drama, there was a bit of humor, there was a bit of technical stuff (not enough to be boring for those who aren't into that) and they do a good job introducing the team and what they do. Yes, there is the typical TV structure of the cliffhanger right before the reveal to allow for commercials, but it is TV :).

All in all, I can't wait to see what you have up next!

Great Job @Greg West and team!

I am the wife of one of the guys on the show, they are focusing on husbandry and proper education on the show. Yeah the builds are crazy awesome, but it’s built around the animal, not the other way around. Between the 6 people on the show, there’s many many years of reptile keeping and breeding experience, they respect the animals and the importance of dealing with these delicate creatures. Hope that helps!! Tune in! You won’t regret it!

That's great news! I'm super excited to tune in, and to have a reptile series to binge :)

So I just watched it. It is much better than tanked in my opinion. I like that they stress the importance of “natural” environments. Much less gimmicky than tanked. I personally would love to see more of the technical aspect of each build. I also would prefer to see them season and prove out their enclosures before delivery. The drainage system they set up looked like it would clog in about 2 days. It would be really cool if they explained more of the options in their automation as well. Can they simulate sunrise/sunset? Can they create clouds and wind that lead into their misting? Just curious. Overall there is great potential for this show among hobiests, but will it get to more passive viewers?

Unfortunately with attention spans in America dropping off a bit more every day I doubt it will ever satisfy our hunger for the specs. But I’ll try to just enjoy it for what it is and hope I’m wrong!

I thought it was put together well, I was involved with a show on HGTV and can relate to the late nights and dealing with producers. It is not much fun and the way they have to film the process does not follow a normal work flow. This makes things very difficult and the production team does not understand this aspect. I am looking forward to seeing future episodes and I hope they can keep the content strong. There is a very limited source of individuals that are willing to spend that kind of money of enclosures of that magnitude. Nice job @ScaledWife @Greg West keep up the good work and keep it real!

Back
Top Bottom