save a chameleon

I mean, You could of started with, Where Can I get least expensive Chameleon Supplies In Hawaii?

I am not against asking for help, when truly help is needed, but your approach was random.
Just a random New Member whos first post is to ask for financial support.

Do you intend to keep all 8?
There are many DIY options to get them established and eventually rehomed them.
Chameleon initial cost is pretty high, but the high cost doesn't stop there. Especially with 8.

I mean, You could of started with, Where Can I get least expensive Chameleon Supplies In Hawaii?

I am not against asking for help, when truly help is needed, but your approach was random.
Just a random New Member whos first post is to ask for financial support.

Do you intend to keep all 8?
There are many DIY options to get them established and eventually rehomed them.
Chameleon initial cost is pretty high, but the high cost doesn't stop there. Especially with 8.
Yes i was not thinking, I did come off strong and inappropriate I apologize. I was in the state of panic and overwhelmed with all the information and costs that I have been researching with chameleon acadamey, neptune the chameleon and etc. I am still deciding about keeping the 8 not to sure because I do not want to just pass them off to other individuals who dont know the right knowledge and proper care for the chameleon.

Adding some additional context, I was the one who suggested the OP ask for help here. They had DM'd me asking to share their link on my social platforms but thought they would be better off asking for help here. I cannot vouch for the legitimacy of this, but let's not be so quick to jump to conclusions. We know tons of people who get surprised by baby Jackson's and we are all aware of the cost associated with raising baby chams. @Jenschameleons perhaps you can share your shopping list of supplies you are trying to buy and the community can give some input on the best places to shop and ways to save some money. I think some insight into how you came up with the dollar amount you're asking for might help ease some worries.
Maybe there are some who have extra equipment they would donate providing you would take care of shipping costs??? Just an idea.

I would love to do one on one with you if you are open to it. You have been helpful and pretty much understanding about my situation. this is the state my 8 chameleons are in and I know I will probably get a lot of backlash but this is what I can do with the budget that I do have and living off of.
You need more then just me hun. We are a group of very caring people. You just put some off with the talk of the go fund me.

May I ask how you ended up with these guys?

Jackson babies are not easy to take care of.

Heck! I went to your gofundme to donate.. Wrong info can get people in trouble.. Now it isn't financial... I am a little confused. So for those reason-- Glad it is working out and your getting the proper information.

Heck! I went to your gofundme to donate.. Wrong info can get people in trouble.. Now it isn't financial... I am a little confused. So for those reason-- Glad it is working out and your getting the proper information.
I think it is both financial and the usual freak out about being in over their head. But we can not cure financial. So....

You need more then just me hun. We are a group of very caring people. You just put some off with the talk of the go fund me.

May I ask how you ended up with these guys?

Jackson babies are not easy to take care of.
I had a female chameleon given to me as a gift, myself and the individual that gave me the chameleon was not aware that she was pregnant. I was not prepared to have baby chameleons, even though I should have just assumed she was pregnant, But this is was first chameleon female. she gave birth unexpectedly and I was pancking

I had a female chameleon given to me as a gift, myself and the individual that gave me the chameleon was not aware that she was pregnant. I was not prepared to have baby chameleons, even though I should have just assumed she was pregnant, But this is was first chameleon female. she gave birth unexpectedly and I was pancking
Ok DId you listen to this podcast yet? https://chameleonacademy.com/surprise-baby-chameleons/

Maybe there are some who have extra equipment they would donate providing you would take care of shipping costs??? Just an idea.
I typed those exact words.. lol and deleted since I looked up craigslist in Hawaii (your island) $10 a Jackson.. Glad I don't live there anymore but then again, I would be hunting them myself.
One add is wrong with a female listed as male.. :unsure:

Last edited:
To put ease on everyone this is the sate they are living in, please if you are going to be rude please keep it to yourself. I do not do well with confrontation, i have anxiety, and explains for the panicking about finding out the 8 babies that were in my backyard with my female. The female chameleon was given to me as a gift and I did not know she was pregnant, I woke up to surprise when I seen them in the cage. This is how i got the 8 baby chameleon. I did not have a lot of information or care to these little one. I began my research and I was getting overwhelmed because of all the information and proper care that these littles ones needed. I came into the community wrong and I apologize. I was just in the state of panic. I would love for the reptile community to help me with cheaper but proper ways to help these chameleons. I could have just given them up, I could, But i did not want to because I know people see these as just a reptile.

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I lived in Kaneohe bay but traveled all over and even have friends near Tiger Beach. This was many years ago.. Beautiful place to live if you explore.

Back
Top Bottom