Sansi 70W grow light - STACKING coupons!

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
You know I love me some Sansi grow lights. Their new 70w LED is a small low profile, water resistant 9”x9” box. Amazon has it for $63 plus a 15% off coupon... SANSI has a black friday code (works right now) for 20% off that STACKS. I just ordered two for $44 each... thats almost what I paid for ONE 36W bulb. I have one already and it fits awesome on top - so low profile it is same height as my t5s.

When/where do you enter the coupon code 70WLEDGROW on the amazon site? It is taking me straight to checkout with the 15% amazon coupon and I do not see a place to enter the coupon code?
On mobile it’s here when you look at your cart.

Attachments

• E7B5ED36-C183-478C-818E-EE04C4D9E211.jpeg
    E7B5ED36-C183-478C-818E-EE04C4D9E211.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 147
You know I love me some Sansi grow lights. Their new 70w LED is a small low profile, water resistant 9”x9” box. Amazon has it for $63 plus a 15% off coupon... SANSI has a black friday code (works right now) for 20% off that STACKS. I just ordered two for $44 each... thats almost what I paid for ONE 36W bulb. I have one already and it fits awesome on top - so low profile it is same height as my t5s.
Funny you bring these up... I was just browsing some grow lights. How are your results? Do you have any other types of grow lights to compare to?

I was tempted to get something like
Screenshot_20191126-081840_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The issue I'm having is when I get into this price range, I'm leaning towards the "DIY LEDs". I've just been hesitant to drops the $200 for lighting that I have to do myself. When it comes to wiring my own stuff up, it never ends up looking tidy and neat... lol.

Same, I was wondering how these stack up to say the 4000k quantum boards. In the questions someone states these are 5000k.

Same, I was wondering how these stack up to say the 4000k quantum boards. In the questions someone states these are 5000k.
Let's see if we can get some experts to weigh in...
@dshuld @cyberlocc
Either of you able to weigh in on how well they stack up? And while I'm asking, how would either stack up to a "DIY LED" setup at a similar price point?

So many options and so many brands... I'm too much of a newb to know better :*(

Funny you bring these up... I was just browsing some grow lights. How are your results? Do you have any other types of grow lights to compare to?

I was tempted to get something like
View attachment 252159

The issue I'm having is when I get into this price range, I'm leaning towards the "DIY LEDs". I've just been hesitant to drops the $200 for lighting that I have to do myself. When it comes to wiring my own stuff up, it never ends up looking tidy and neat... lol.

This one could be interesting but the purple hue would get annoying fast. I'd like to see the results on of an apogee par reading but I'm not sure I could get past the purple in a terrarium. Grow tent, wouldn't bother me but terrarium it would lol. If these readings are to be believed, you'd have to keep the light fairly high off the top to keep from burning your canopy, 18 to 24 inches looking at it roughly. That being said, china made black/ white box lights were the dark horse so to speak in aquarium lighting many years ago. But, to me, this looks like they took a blurple light, added a little 3000k and 6000k and called it a day lol. Turn off the blurple (flowering switch) you'll basically have a two cob light for $145....a bit over priced really.

Screenshot_20191126-090010.png

I cannot compare them to
Other lights as they are all I use, however, my plant growth is fantastic, as is the color. They’re so bright wr never turn on the house lighting in the cham rooms! (Granted there are the equiv of 2 of these per room)

This one could be interesting but the purple hue would get annoying fast. I'd like to see the results on of an apogee par reading but I'm not sure I could get past the purple in a terrarium. Grow tent, wouldn't bother me but terrarium it would lol. If these readings are to be believed, you'd have to keep the light fairly high off the top to keep from burning your canopy, 18 to 24 inches looking at it roughly. That being said, china made black/ white box lights were the dark horse so to speak in aquarium lighting many years ago. But, to me, this looks like they took a blurple light, added a little 3000k and 6000k and called it a day lol. Turn off the blurple (flowering switch) you'll basically have a two cob light for $145....a bit over priced really.

View attachment 252161
This is mostly why I asked. I'm "open" to the idea of spend a couple $200 or so on some proper lighting. The problem I have with the "box style" (board?) is the reds/purples/etc colors. While I get that each end of the spectrum has its duties, I feel drowninging my cages in red would have a weird effect - both for the visuals on my end and assumingly the chams.

I also have a "cham room" so a couple of lights would take care of the issue, or that's my hope. I have the obvious t5HO single fixtures for the chams, but too much foliage to get past the canopy. I replaced my ceiling fan lights with par38 flood lights, while the room is nice and bright, it's a 12' ceiling so not doing much good.

I guess my question is would I be better off buying a couple "grow lights" or would I be better off going with a 2 or 4 light DIY?

I cannot compare them to
Other lights as they are all I use, however, my plant growth is fantastic, as is the color. They’re so bright wr never turn on the house lighting in the cham rooms! (Granted there are the equiv of 2 of these per room)

Sorry to hijack your thread. I do like the Sansi idea as it's pretty cheap and I've gotten plants from you, so...

I cannot compare them to

@snitz427 , did any of the documents that came with them say what angle the optics are on those?

This is mostly why I asked. I'm "open" to the idea of spend a couple $200 or so on some proper lighting. The problem I have with the "box style" (board?) is the reds/purples/etc colors. While I get that each end of the spectrum has its duties, I feel drowninging my cages in red would have a weird effect - both for the visuals on my end and assumingly the chams.

I also have a "cham room" so a couple of lights would take care of the issue, or that's my hope. I have the obvious t5HO single fixtures for the chams, but too much foliage to get past the canopy. I replaced my ceiling fan lights with par38 flood lights, while the room is nice and bright, it's a 12' ceiling so not doing much good.

I guess my question is would I be better off buying a couple "grow lights" or would I be better off going with a 2 or 4 light DIY?

Sorry to hijack your thread. I do like the Sansi idea as it's pretty cheap and I've gotten plants from you, so...

Personally I'd skip the one you posted for this application if that helps lol. I don't have a sensi but ik snitz427 likes them. Without knowing what angle lenses are used, it's hard to say how much hotspot you're getting with them. 3950lm also is pretty low for 70w, makes me wonder what combo of driver and led they are using as the pool bulbs put out that amount give or take with 40w. There is the hlg65 which pulls 65w and is 10,000 lumens (doesn't really mean much on it's own though) and the hlg 100 which pulls 95w and is 15,000 lumens. Both are prebuilt hang up, plug in and go if you're hung up on the diy side of using them though lol.

I'm pretty jazzed with my HLG 65 quantum boards if that means anything @Hashtag ChamLife! Works great for my ExoTerra build.
I'm open to pretty much any options...
My amazon cart is full of bulbs and boards...
And I'm reading up on Cyberloccs lighting blog for like the 10th time.

My issue is I have 9 (custom) enclosures to light. Realistically, I'm redesigning them in January and they're going to be "linear". The more I think about it, I can either put them in a square grouping and go with 2 or 4 hanging options, or I can go linear.

I'm really just trying to plan something in advance for once, instead of jumping out and buying stuff that I'll end up replacing. I think I'm leaning more towards the DIY method with possibly the star LEDs... I've seen the new lights that mimic clouds and rainstorms and that's really getting me interested. They retail for such astronomical pricing so that's just not an option.

I'm going to have to start my own thread on this... hate being "that guy".

No worries on my end. I am
not a lighting guru - I really don’t understand the science behind it all. I am looking for a relatively simple solution for a fair price.

I hear ya on lighting efficiently. I thought about a similar square setup for my bug rack. One bulb in a corner to light or heat 4 small cages.

Well, lied about my own thread. Just dawned on me while checking into the HLG quantum boards that everything I wants comes from amazon. So, I'll probably just got that route. Here's my outlook:

Screenshot_20191126-135036_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20191126-134629_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Plug picture 1 into picture two. Ta-da, enough light to make people wonder what's going on in there!

Simply put, buying the "put together" version for $100/ea isn't bad... but when I can string 4 together for the price of 2... well, I'm sold.

Unfortunately, I can't do the cool effects like cloud cover, sunrise, etc. as well as this specific driver being increments of 10% (and never 0%). But hey... it's cheap(er) and easy enough for me to handle!

Thanks to everyone for ideas/input!

Well, lied about my own thread. Just dawned on me while checking into the HLG quantum boards that everything I wants comes from amazon. So, I'll probably just got that route. Here's my outlook:

View attachment 252171View attachment 252172

Plug picture 1 into picture two. Ta-da, enough light to make people wonder what's going on in there!

Simply put, buying the "put together" version for $100/ea isn't bad... but when I can string 4 together for the price of 2... well, I'm sold.

Unfortunately, I can't do the cool effects like cloud cover, sunrise, etc. as well as this specific driver being increments of 10% (and never 0%). But hey... it's cheap(er) and easy enough for me to handle!

Thanks to everyone for ideas/input!
Actually... THIS is where I run into trouble. I know that driver WILL work. But I'm not sure if it will run all 4 boards, or just the one. I can build a building... but I leave the power to the pros. I mean, the science is there... each board is rated for 70W max, the driver is 250W. 250/4=65W per unit.

BUT the driver says "single output". Which is what I technically would think I want for chaining the boards together...?

@dshuld help! (Please)

Also, should I do something to make them more water resistant? (If so, what/how?) I plan to suspend them from above so they really shouldn't get any water contact directly.

Can/should I just message you? [I feel like this could be of some use to someone down the line, so I post it publicly).

Back
Top Bottom