Sansi 70W grow light - STACKING coupons!

@Hashtag ChamLife and @JoXie411 raise a good question - what does the tallest part of your cham’s body read while basking? Im really worried about charlie overheating or burning but with his uri issues I cant let them be too low either .

Just super paranoid

I like to get a reading at the top of his casque, then his back spike, and last his body. Depending on the temp of his casque I will turn down the heat, since it’s the closet to the light

@Hashtag ChamLife and @JoXie411 raise a good question - what does the tallest part of your cham’s body read while basking? Im really worried about charlie overheating or burning but with his uri issues I cant let them be too low either .

Just super paranoid
Well, that's not a straightforward answer for me. My guys spend a good amount of time outside when I'm around (and thus able to measure). So, since they're basking in the natural sun, the "protractor" and flail their side towards the sun. I take a few reading, but usually shoot for whatever is dark toned (as the dark areas are where they are trying to get the heat).

On Demetri [ambilobe male who loves the heat] I've measured around low-mid 90s. In the direct Florida summer heat, the hottest I can recall is 104 on his side to the sun. He stayed like that a while and eventually moved.

Dex [Faly who likes to be about 75 degrees] will turn light, not as white as the other day, usually keeping his teal colors, when he gets hot. The highest I've seen him bask is about 92 I think. He very rarely basks - in his cage or outside. He will stand in the sun,but it is very rare to see him "puff" and bask. On the warmer days he avoids the sunlight and will eventually make his way down the free range and hide in my lillies or bromeliads.

I would get some new numbers for you but were in the process of moving and in perfect time as the AC at tdd he old place decided to go out! Needless to say, all basking lights are off and thank goodness it's not summer!

Just got turned on to these, since this is the currently active LED thread, thought I would share.

https://www.arcadiareptile.com/jungledawn-ledbar/

The CRI is horrid, and they cant be dimmed, not my cup of tea, but they are easy enough to setup, can be linked to new Arcadia T5 fixtures, and have good L/W.
I came a cross them a little while ago and @dshuld told to not waste my money lol

I seen you mention that you use the deep heat projector how do you like it. I want to get one for my Leo

I came a cross them a little while ago and @dshuld told to not waste my money lol

I seen you mention that you use the deep heat projector how do you like it. I want to get one for my Leo

I like it fine, my cham seems to like it alot, its useful on really cold nights the thermostat can kick it on without bother to him. It seems to work, he basks much less than he did with an Incan, he doesn't sit under it much, maybe an hour or 2 every morning then he is out and about, and will spot bask with the leds for a few mins here and there. As compared to 3-4 hours of morning basking with a 75w halogen.

Now I have very bright lighting, so that may play a role. However just like John said, he does know where the heat is, and he does sit right under it in the mornings. I know that was alot of peoples question about it here and the chameleon Fbook groups.

Well Dhsuld also said not to buy these Sansi's lol. Comparatively that Arcadia is much better. Its almost twice as bright, and uses half the wattage (the 22.5 inch model) and only cost 20 dollars more. Ya going DIY would be better, but this is decent for a plug and play.

Also its actually cheaper, its 95 for 22 inch bar, that bar is almost double the lumens of these, so you would need 2 of these to compare. Thats 140 dollars, vs 95. Then on your electric bill (we will use mine)

1 Arcadia would cost me $16.45 a year to run.
2 Sansi's would cost me $67.73 a year to run.

You could buy 2 of the Arcadia double the lumens again, and pay for the price difference in 1 year.

Im not saying the Sansi's are bad per se. The light they put out is fine, its the right spectrum its good CRI, its not bad. Its just the most inefficient LED I have ever seen, like its bad, like I didn't even know that such an LED existed, these things have less efficiency than T5s. A 48inch T5 uses 50 watts, and puts our more Lumens than these leds. You would be better off running a quad t5 fixture than 2 of these.

If you have them, than it depends how much your electricity is or whatnot, whether or not its viable to replace them. Im not suggesting anyone does that, at all. However I wouldnt buy them if you dont have them already, then ya no.

Last edited:
I like it fine, my cham seems to like it alot, its useful on really cold nights the thermostat can kick it on without bother to him. It seems to work, he basks much less than he did with an Incan, he doesn't sit under it much, maybe an hour or 2 every morning then he is out and about, and will spot bask with the leds for a few mins here and there. As compared to 3-4 hours of morning basking with a 75w halogen.

Now I have very bright lighting, so that may play a role. However just like John said, he does know where the heat is, and he does sit right under it in the mornings. I know that was alot of peoples question about it here and the chameleon Fbook groups.

Well Dhsuld also said not to buy these Sansi's lol. Comparatively that Arcadia is much better. Its almost twice as bright, and uses half the wattage (the 22.5 inch model) and only cost 20 dollars more. Ya going DIY would be better, but this is decent for a plug and play.

Also its actually cheaper, its 95 for 22 inch bar, that bar is almost double the lumens of these, so you would need 2 of these to compare. Thats 140 dollars, vs 95. Then on your electric bill (we will use mine)

1 Arcadia would cost me $16.45 a year to run.
2 Sansi's would cost me $67.73 a year to run.

You could buy 2 of the Arcadia double the lumens again, and pay for the price difference in 1 year.
My electricity bill isn’t that bad running the lights. I have them on timers that measure the khw. Running my heater is more expensive

as for the sansi vs the Arcadia I paid half the price for three lights then I would have for one bar light. I don’t mess with electricity I value my life highly so diy light board are out the question

My electricity bill isn’t that bad running the lights. I have them on timers that measure the khw. Running my heater is more expensive

as for the sansi vs the Arcadia I paid half the price for three lights then I would have for one bar light. I don’t mess with electricity I value my life highly so diy light board are out the question

? How much did you get the Sansi's for? They are 70 dollars each on Amazon.

Of course your heater uses more lol, thats not the point. The point is that adds up. How much is your electric per KWH? How much do the lights read after a 12 hour day? By my math, if their wattage is correct on Amazon, they are using .840kwh per 12 cycle.

Snits said in the OP she paid 44 each with all the deals, thats 2 for the price of a bar. The bar puts out the same lumens and uses 1/4 as much power. Thats a BIG deal over any length of time. The bar gives 141 lumens per watt, these things give 56, that is a MASSIVE difference. Even T5hos get 85-100 l/w

Now there is conflicting info, on Amazon. There is 2 different people saying 2 different wattage's from the wall, that would change my outlook immensely, thats why I asked waht reading you are getting.

Okay, hold on. Found a YT video, should have done that before lol, because that 70ws stuff is pretty outrageous. These things use 48ws, not 70. Someone on Amazon said that and the YT video confirmed it. Thats 82 L/W still worse than a T5ho, but much much better than 56. IF you can get 3 for the price of a bar, ya they are probably worth it. They are 100% not worth it at 70 dollars a piece.

Last edited:
I started with a quad t5 (which caught fire first day of use :oops:), it was a pretty dramatic increase in light from what I had... but absolutely no comparison to the color and brightness once I added a sansi 24w. I dont think a quad t5 is comprable to a dualt5 + sansis (Or any similar led), maybe when you add the numbers, but not visually.

I was looking at similar JungleDawn LEDs but got the Sansi much cheaper. Ive been super happy with them and use them all around the house. Maybe not the best solution but they were affordable and my plants and chams love them. Im def not a DIYer when it comes to electrical and lights. I need minimal math + plug and play.

? How much did you get the Sansi's for? They are 70 dollars each on Amazon.

Of course your heater uses more lol, thats not the point. The point is that adds up. How much is your electric per KWH? How much do the lights read after a 12 hour day? By my math, if their wattage is correct on Amazon, they are using .840kwh per 12 cycle.

Snits said in the OP she paid 44 each with all the deals, thats 2 for the price of a bar. The bar puts out the same lumens and uses 1/4 as much power. Thats a BIG deal over any length of time. The bar gives 141 lumens per watt, these things give 56, that is a MASSIVE difference. Even T5hos get 85-100 l/w

Now there is conflicting info, on Amazon. There is 2 different people saying 2 different wattage's from the wall, that would change my outlook immensely, thats why I asked waht reading you are getting.

Okay, hold on. Found a YT video, should have done that before lol, because that 70ws stuff is pretty outrageous. These things use 48ws, not 70. Someone on Amazon said that and the YT video confirmed it. Thats 82 L/W still worse than a T5ho, but much much better than 56. IF you can get 3 for the price of a bar, ya they are probably worth it. They are 100% not worth it at 70 dollars a piece.
I can’t give you a true reading of the sansi 70 because it shares and outlet with two lights. All together that plug does 1.15 khw per 12 cycle.

I know the Philip plant light does .33 khw
Unknown halogen bulb khw
Unknown sansi build khw
But I know if I take way .33 of the 1.15 on the shared outlet it will drop to .82 sooo I guess since Valuable is unknown you can Split that in half just of fudge and giggles that .41? My math may be off a little

I can give the sansi it’s own outlet today and give you a true reading then my guess. My brain hurts how

Back
Top Bottom