Sanitizing cage success!

BocaJan

There has been much discussion about various ways to disinfect a cage. Seems like hot steam will sanitize. So, I got a Shark portable pocket system. It is hand held and really shoots out hot steam! I first used it to loosen all the little bits from the bottom edges and corners, wiped it out with paper towels and then redid it several times.

I have to say it does a great job! It isn't the one that you use on floors, but is hand held. It is easy to use and easy to store. If anyone is thinking about cleaning in this manner, you have only kudos from me.

Yep, that's my guy! LOL I have been using it this afternoon....cleaning some cages for some little girls I am holding back from my last clutch.

Yep, that's my guy! LOL I have been using it this afternoon....cleaning some cages for some little girls I am holding back from my last clutch.

the video is kinda cheesy.... so it does work well huh? does it shoot steam? The video makes the thing look like a steam belching machine... which is what we want. Does it really do this though?

Yes, it really spits out LOTS of very hot steam. It doesn't drench everything with water, just what's in the steam, but it is hot and plenty of steam. I am totally satisfied. I purchased it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon so I think I lucked out.

When products are advertised with those cheesy commercials, it completely turns me off the product. It's like they're trying too hard to entice you. Question: Do you use the microfibre cover to clean the enclosures or are you using the little plastic attachment? I'm curious to see how the microfibre holds out after a few washes ...

Good post Naomi! I just used mine today for the first time. It works great for doing a few cages at a time. Not for a big commercial setting as it is small and hand held. Thumbs up from me.

Good post Naomi! I just used mine today for the first time. It works great for doing a few cages at a time. Not for a big commercial setting as it is small and hand held. Thumbs up from me.

I got this steamer a few weeks ago. Person was about to get rid of it. So I gladly took it off their hands. Still have to find time to read the instructions though. Puts out a good high pressured blast, and about 25 feet of cord from plug in, to move it around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom