Sanitizing Branches

topmanollie

What are ways to sanitize branches from outside without putting them in the oven?
i got branches from my woods for my chamie, soaked them in water, made them short enough where they can fit in my oven and now they’re too short for the cage.
any advice or other ways to sanitize?

You do not need to bake them hun... Just take a scrub brush and wash them off with hot water and a bit of dawn. Then rinse really well. Your just trying to get off any bird poop really lol. I wash mine pretty well because we do have little mites that live in the trees here. Then I dry them out in the sun on a table. I do not cut mine down all the way until I know exact placement in the enclosure.

You do not need to bake them hun... Just take a scrub brush and wash them off with hot water and a bit of dawn. Then rinse really well. Your just trying to get off any bird poop really lol. I wash mine pretty well because we do have little mites that live in the trees here. Then I dry them out in the sun on a table. I do not cut mine down all the way until I know exact placement in the enclosure.
i was so excessive then. i washed it, soaked in dawn water, rinsed, soaked in bleach water, rinsed, then soaked in regular water for days, then oven baked them. could’ve stopped at the first step lmao.

i was so excessive then. i washed it, soaked in dawn water, rinsed, soaked in bleach water, rinsed, then soaked in regular water for days, then oven baked them. could’ve stopped at the first step lmao.
Do you live near the ocean hun?

Back
Top Bottom