San Francisco Bay Area Chameleon Keepers Unite

jrtader

So there seems to be a number of chameleon keepers scattered in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't see any reason why we can't get together occasionally to socialize and to talk about chams and there husbandry. Chameleon forums is a fantastic place for cham keepers worldwide but why not get out occasionally and meet up with other cham lovers in our own backyard. Since the bay area is so spread out I propose we meet in San Francisco as it's central to all areas. Sunday august 22nd 10am - noon at Lafayette Park where Washington st and Octavia st meet I will be sitting on the grass. If it's a nice day we should be able to see the bay from that location. So if you are a newbie or an experienced keeper with decades of experience under your belt It doesn't matter come along say hello.

If people have any questions or suggestions either post on this thread or send me a PM.

A couple of side notes

I chose a weekend morning as opposed to an evening in the middle of the week as some people may not want to drive into the city in evening traffic. If people show up (which I hope they do) we could make it a regular thing such as the south bay chameleon keepers (which is where I got this inspiration) and take on a similar format and offer feeders for sale and so forth. But nothing is set in stone yet, right now I just want people to show and we can figure out the logistics as we go. I'll post a picture of my ugly Mug (face) as the date gets closer so you will know who to look for at the park. Also we could figure out a location for future meetings if anyone shows. Like I said, nothing is set in stone. The park is just a location to get this occasion rolling first time.

Sunday august 22nd 10am - noon at Lafayette Park where Washington st and Octavia st meet I will be sitting on the grass. If it's a nice day we should be able to see the bay from that location.

oh man, this totally sounds like something from the adult section on craigslist. :rolleyes:

Should I bring some lotions?

:rolleyes: No, it's nothing of a sexual nature. Are you trying to kill this thread? Great enthusiasm :rolleyes:

lol Darn, I was getting excited! (Pun intended)

Nah, I doubt this will kill the thread. The Gf and I will come say hi either way since we are about 5 minutes from the park :)

oh and for whoever is meeting up. I am selling two of my 18x18x36 screen cages for $40 each or $70 for both.

maybe

I might be there at 10, but I couldn't stay for long.

Anyone want some adult male dubias?

I have butterworms that my cham will not touch. So I will bring those for whoever wants them. I don't want any money for them, just want them being used for there purpose and not just taking up space in the refrigerator.

Well it's crazy that I organized this and now I'm leaving the hobby. My personal circumstances have changed dramatically recently and I can no longer keep my chameleon. Maybe at a later date I can come back to this hobby. But for now it is goodbye. So I will not be at Lafayette Park at 10am on Sunday. Unless someone else wants to step up and co ordinate then consider this thread closed.

Thanks to those that have helped me along the way and for everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge of chameleons. It's been great. I'll be selling all my cham things over the next week or so.

Good Bye

Back
Top Bottom