Samson sheds it up!

Silkyslim

I saw Samson starting to lose his skin really close to lights out yesterday. Had to take a few pics for everyone to enjoy. The first one is him crawling to his bed for the night and then of one sleeping which was pretty hard to get as I did it in the complete dark with my crap cam. Then these 3 are from a stretch he was doing to loosen up his face. I wasn't able to get many more cuz he is really pissed off at me lol. Too bad too because for the past 15 mins he been at the shed with his back feet like a dog and constantly yawning. That little spot was thought to be a burn by myself and the vet, both thought it would shed out this time but hopefully next.

Attachments

• DSC03006.jpg
    DSC03006.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC03035.jpg
    DSC03035.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC03064.jpg
    DSC03064.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC03065.jpg
    DSC03065.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC03066.jpg
    DSC03066.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 157
in the last pic its like hes saying i hate this why r u taking pics.... LoL
nice cham u have there

hoj & Camo

Lil' Miss Cleo

Feeling snap happy, I was able to get a good one of Cleopatra with her mouth full and her letting me know she still hates me, although shes a sweetie when asleep.

Attachments

• DSC02994.jpg
    DSC02994.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC03009.jpg
    DSC03009.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC03010.jpg
    DSC03010.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03047.jpg
    DSC03047.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 126
That first photo of cleopatra is great! my cham wont eat if im even looking at him, never mind shoving a camera in his face!

It looks like to me Samson needs cat scratching post. He just looks so unhappy. he is beautiful but I still feed sorry for him.:(

It looks like to me Samson needs cat scratching post. He just looks so unhappy. he is beautiful but I still feed sorry for him.:(

The most hilarious thing happened when I set the camera down. I started to pet at the side of him like I would my cat and he totally pushed his whole weight into my finger and used my finger as a scratching post to rub off some shed, it was the coolest thing ever lol.
He's so calm towards me, unlike Cleopatra who hates my guts! I pulled her out of the cage the other day for her weekly weigh in (shes at 14.1g) and she wanted to get away from me so bad she ran off my hand and jumped into the great unknown, my heart started to race as I saw her scramble to get to anywhere but on my hand as I tried to steady her before her leap of faith.....into my sock drawer full of fresh socks. Whew!! Lesson learned!

Thanks Harry, I see I snapped a similar pic to your avatar. I really thing this has been my most fav pic I grabbed so far. I should perhaps look at getting a new digi cam.

I liked your video! It is so wild when they shed!! How much does Samson weigh? Your girl only weighs 14 grams? She looks bigger than that!

How old is Samson? My cham is like 13 -14 mos old and weights around 210 grams! Holy Crap!!! I am pretty sure my scale is right!!!

hmmmm now I'm all confused. .21 was what the scale at the vet said, google tells me that is around 100g. I think I might have to bust out my own gram scale and see if I can get him to chill out on it.

WEll depending on how old he is would determine if he as fat or not!!!! Mine he eats every other day and not that much so I dont know how he is so big! He does not eat crickets though and they are low in fat.

It's hard to tell without a picture with a scale of some sort, but Samson does look to be bigger than 100 grams to me. My Sambava, which is the brother to Carol's, also weighs around 210 grams right now. As long as he's healthy though his size is fine whatever he is.

So I went out this morning and bought a cheap kitchen scale for 20 bucks. Samson is at 145g and Cleo is 15g. Haha I just had to know for myself. Seems I buy way to many chameleon accessories lately. I think all I am missing is a point and click heat gun as well as a UVB Reader

That's more like it! I knew Samson had to have weighed more than that. Sounds like your vet needs a new scale.....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom