Sambava???

BIGGUN

Avid Member
This is a Sambava?

El%20Lobo%20-%202g_small.JPG

I thought the most beautiful ones were red and orange. Now I might have to change my mind.

I though those colors only came on the Nosy Mitsio models. :D

Kevin

Last edited:
I believe thats a sambava....I had one that was more yeallow and green with spots of red than red and orange

As Kent said in a past post, when people consider a color patter for a specific locale it is not saying that ever single chameleon in that locale looks exactly like that color pattern. There are differences in north and south, east and west. This being said I personally feel that El Lobo (or his color patter with the greenish barring) would be found more often in the northern part of Sambava or the southern part of Ampiskiana (which is slightly more north of Sambava). You can check out my locales page for a little bit more info. Most of them are labeled but I know a few other locales that are not labeled like Nosy Komba, Ankify, Nosy Mangabe etc.

-chris

Does anyone have pics with sambavas of this coloration? I'd love to see more!!!

Kevin

I have a 6 month old from El Lobo (the sire pictured) here is a pic of him being a 6 month super stud. he likes the older ladies. He shed right after the photo.

IMG_5528.jpg

el lobo definately is a sambava, althoug his colors are a bit different from what you would typically see, it wouldn't suprise me if there were geographical diffrences within a locale. high alltitude, maybe a localized group that are cut off from the norms of the same nocale.

Green Uish barring is a trait of Ampiskiana...thats my feelings, and thats what I have seen in pics and in mine...Ampiskiana is adjacent to Sambava. Also I would love to know the generation of El Lobo..beautiful animal!

-chris

Green Uish barring is a trait of Ampiskiana...thats my feelings, and thats what I have seen in pics and in mine...Ampiskiana is adjacent to Sambava. Also I would love to know the generation of El Lobo..beautiful animal!

-chris

Hey Chris , My pic of my el lobo male is when he is really fired up. He looks alot like TRA pic when he is resting. I need to get some new pics. I would love to hear what you think. Very interesting information , thanks!

I think he is Sambava, like I have said before, there is no true line drawn in the sand saying these are "Sambava." It is just fascinating to see how adjacent locales can have traits of each other...a real interesting one is the ambanja to ambato to nosy faly...you can see how ambanja has the deep blues and reds on like a mint green yellow then those same bar colors are in the ambato but with a white background then if you jump off the coast to Nosy Faly you have the same barring and background of the Ambato but with the red dots which are the traits of mixing anything with a Nosy Be (which is right there beside Nosy Faly). Locales are interesting and I doubt that anyone (even Olaf the great) can look at one animal one time and say where it came from.

My two cents,

Chris

I think he is Sambava, like I have said before, there is no true line drawn in the sand saying these are "Sambava." It is just fascinating to see how adjacent locales can have traits of each other...a real interesting one is the ambanja to ambato to nosy faly...you can see how ambanja has the deep blues and reds on like a mint green yellow then those same bar colors are in the ambato but with a white background then if you jump off the coast to Nosy Faly you have the same barring and background of the Ambato but with the red dots which are the traits of mixing anything with a Nosy Be (which is right there beside Nosy Faly). Locales are interesting and I doubt that anyone (even Olaf the great) can look at one animal one time and say where it came from.

My two cents,

Chris

Love the information, I am really new to all this especially all this locale stuff. I get all the basics but love a more in depth look at things.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom