Sambava finally showed me what he's made of!!!

Brian Fischer

This guy, Barraka, is about 14-15 months in age and has never showed any sign of aggression or anything. I had never seen him "fired up." Of course, the night before I was prepared to say farewell to him so I can go concentrate on school, he decides to do this:

BarrakaFiredUP_1.jpg

BarrakaFiredUP_2.jpg

Needless to say, he is now a permanent resident in my house once again. My brother, after seeing what Barraka looked like last night(much to my appreciation) volunteered to help me out with his care when I need to study instead of play with herps.lol.

aww i would have absolutely loved to taken him >_<

haha there great guys, i need to save up and acquire one..

Beautiful chameleon! I was quite convinced that my sambava male was simply going to be fairly dull in color until he, out of the blue, lit up. Pretty amazing transformation! He was about the same age as your chameleon is now. I have read that sambavas take longer than the other locales to color up, but seeing is believing. :D

Heika said:
Beautiful chameleon! I was quite convinced that my sambava male was simply going to be fairly dull in color until he, out of the blue, lit up. Pretty amazing transformation! He was about the same age as your chameleon is now. I have read that sambavas take longer than the other locales to color up, but seeing is believing. :D
You are very right!Sambava's do take longer to color up.Some people have also said that thier sambavas tend to need more water than thier other chams....Mine has not shown that he needs more water than other though.

Hmm, westcoast, how low would you be willing to let go of a panther (ambilobe, sambava) for?

and, my local petshop just sold a female nosy be for 25 dollars.. the owner knew nothing about chameleons, so he just sold her. since she came in free, he didnt know how to take care of her, so practically gave her away.. sheesh

and the buyer was a 10 year old girl who got the chameleon as her first pet.. poor lil guy, i hope she lives a long life. she looked to be about 5 months of age from her size

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Now I just have to wait for the future mom to get a little bigger so he can show her his awesome colors! ;)

Back
Top Bottom