Sambava eggs *jan-jun diapause* finally growing

Sang

here are my eggs, about 50 eggs or so, still looking good after a long diapause.

the large eggs were laid end of december/jan and then second eggs were laid in february

IMG_6504.jpg
IMG_6503.jpg

i am lucky cause i got amandas AZDR locally she makes TONS of cultures.

yah i hope they hatch end of august....and i hope i start my new job soon.

The eggs were kept at 72-73f from january to early june.
So about a 6 month diapause.

Yes trace the eggs ar mixed but seperated by row. I remember the original 28 eggs. And I remember which where her retained clutch that she laid in february.

original 28 eggs.

IMG_5617.jpg

Original.jpg
Red dots are original eggs, only lost 1 as of late because it dried up from the heat source.

my male
IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

My Female.
IMG_2243.jpg

days before the lay.
IMG_5613.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

Last edited:
Back when I first started out several hundred years ago, I combined two clutches of brevicaudatus eggs in the same container and like yours the clutches were laid about a month apart. When the older clutch started to hatch it triggered the younger eggs to hatch prematurely. Needless to say the younger eggs/hatchlings were underdeveloped and I lost them all immediately. Since then I always had separate containers for each clutch of eggs. It may not make a significant difference to the health of the babies in longer incubating clutches like the pardalis but it's not too late to carefully move the newer clutch into their own container to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom