Salmonilla

You know I get so grossed out when I see ppl post videos and pics of them kissing these lizards ?? and ppl at cuddle with there tegus in there bed ewwwww they are covered in poop. I’m a germaphobic sorry?
Oh, that's probably only after they have had thier shower and brushed thier teeth.

Back to the original topic---what would the treatment be if an individual contacted salmonella? Does it just have to run its course or is thier an antibiotic used to wipe it out. (No pun intended)

Back to the original topic---what would the treatment be if an individual contacted salmonella? Does it just have to run its course or is thier an antibiotic used to wipe it out. (No pun intended)
It can be self limiting or treated with Cipro (antibiotic).

Ok, I'm going to leave this one alone. Got me freaked out now wondering if it can be transmitted through feeders cause I never wash my hands after digging thru thier colonies. (Just kidding)
Thanks to all those who chimed in.

Ok, I'm going to leave this one alone. Got me freaked out now wondering if it can be transmitted through feeders cause I never wash my hands after digging thru thier colonies. (Just kidding)
Thanks to all those who chimed in.
Actually, it's a good question, and the answer seems to be yes.

A parasitological evaluation of edible insects and their role in the transmission of parasitic diseases to humans and animals
One of the most important bacteria that are transmitted by insects include Campylobacter spp. [118] and Salmonella spp. [119].
Salmonella Typhimurium Level in Mealworms (Tenebrio molitor) After Exposure to Contaminated Substrate

Also: Transmission and Retention of Salmonella enterica by Phytophagous Hemipteran Insects
and: Insects play a role in the spread of food-born pathogens on crops

I stopped searching past the first page, so there is likely more.

Back
Top Bottom