Sailfin (cristatus) hatch results

Sorry to hear of all your problems with them; the world needs more cristatus.

I’ll echo what other people have said and I raised mine successfully in plastic totes with UV and heat lights clamped to the side. The cristatus love the humidity and lots of water. They also prefer more horizontal space over the vertical one. Mine were pretty voracious eaters too.

I also noted that there was aggression between the sexes almost from birth so I ended up raising mine in separate containers from the get go. Everybody was happier that way.

As in males fighting with females? But males getting along with each other?

As in males fighting with females? But males getting along with each other?

Actually quite the opposite; the females did not tolerate the males whatsoever. They were the aggressors although the males certainly didn’t like each other either. It isn’t something they necessarily grew out of either as adults.

Don't get me wrong, the cristatus are not aggressive chameleons like say Veileds, they prefer to sit completely still undetected until danger passes, they didn't like each other.

I've written a blog about how I kept the cristatus. Perhaps someone might find this helpful: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/trace/793-trioceros-cristatus.html

Back
Top Bottom