Sads News-Remy the MBD rescue Panther

Julirs

Remy has passed on. He has held a special place in my heart and has taught me and many others about MBD. Luckily he did not suffer long, he crashed in the course of a few days from what I would suspect to be organ failure from having MBD. He came to live with me in March of 2009 at 8 months old, so he would have been about 2 years and 3 months old. His cage had been modified over time to be a screen cage with plants and vines on the bottom with his UVB and basking lights also along the bottom sides of his cage. He was always mostly handfed, and had become quite a sucessful little beggar. Even my Great Dane would watch over him, letting me know if he had toppled over and could not right himself. In his last few days he was brilliant in yellow and red stripes.

Here are a few threads on him:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/meet-remy-little-rescue-panther-22362/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/what-mbd-looks-like-38000/

It has been a month of losses and gains. I lost Oscar Oustalet, he would have been 3 1/2, my second ever chameleon. He lost his mate about a year ago, and never seemed to do extremely well after that. He had gotten a URI, and even though we pulled him through, he still crashed. Could have been from the Baytril, or just the stress of it all. He was also my special cham.

On good notes, I believe Major Mellers has laid all of her eggs. I am excited to finally know that "it" is a girl! Evil (WC Nosy Be) is recovering from URI and seems to be getting his vision back with Vitamin A treatment-he has nearly bitten me more than a few times and is getting close to feeding on his own. I am also looking forward to some breeding projects after a year of not hatching anything. Next year should be exciting. In this hobby the good comes with the bad I suppose.

I am so very sorry for your losses Juli. It is so hard to lose them. I'm glad there is some good news mixed in there too though.

Juli, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's such an awful feeling to lose a cham, but losing two must be unbearable. My thoughts are with you. I look forward to seeing your threads when your projects start to hatch!

I replied my condolences on your MBD thread by mistake. I meant to do it on here but wanted to look at those pictures once again even though it is hard. I see it brought up the thread again and maybe some of the new owners should take a look at it. I am so sorry for your loss and what a great lady you are to take on a chameleon with all those problems. God bless you!

so sorry about you lost juli! :( a lot of us know how hard it is to lose one of our loves. hope you're doing ok, and you did such an awsome job at caring for him. i know hes thinking and thanking you on the other side of the perly vines of cham heaven

You made it possible for us to learn about mbd so we can keep our chams safe. Your posts are always Great! Thanks for all your efforts to help relieve others' suffering. I'm sad for you and excited to see the little ones coming.

So sorry for your loss.

I guess that's a part of being a rescuer, but I'm sure that that doesn't make it any easier.
Hopefully things are taking an upswing, since your "Evil" and "Major Mellers" are making positive progress.

Very sorry...

So sorry to hear of your loss, but you did a wonderful thing for him in life.
:(

Back
Top Bottom