sad day for our meller

How truly awful for you. It is so hard to lose one and for it to happen that fast has to be a terrible shock to you. My thoughts are with you.

so this is what Dave had to say...
I just finished the necropsy. The lungs had a lot of clotted blood along with some yellowiness of the lung sack as if it was infected. The liver had some deposits that looked like fat but not too bad. The heart was great, kidneys fine, no parasites in smears from several areas. His blood sample was parasite-free too.My guess is that the lungs are what succumbed to whatever killed him rather than kidneys or heart or parasites.

meller.jpg

meller2-1.jpg
my little cousin was a good sport
meller-1.jpg
my grams thought he was awesome.

Thanks for giving us the results. That sounds familiar. My first melleri passed away from the same type of thing, although mine showed way more symptoms that something was wrong before he passed. Hhhhmmm. Thanks for sharing this.

It's so nice Dave was able to do this for you. It's not easy to do it on your own pet. I'm really sorry for your loss and, as with many here, know the feeling. He was a beautiful animal. :)

By the way, I think your grandma is totally awesome in every sense. Mine hates most animals. I can never talk about chameleons with her. She just looks at me like I'm nuts. Most of my extended family is like that. They ask how "things" are going and I have to remind myself to keep it VERY short and sweet.

Best wishes to both of you and I hope you find it in your heart to give another melleri a great home. See you soon.

so this is what Dave had to say...
I just finished the necropsy. The lungs had a lot of clotted blood along with some yellowiness of the lung sack as if it was infected. The liver had some deposits that looked like fat but not too bad. The heart was great, kidneys fine, no parasites in smears from several areas. His blood sample was parasite-free too.My guess is that the lungs are what succumbed to whatever killed him rather than kidneys or heart or parasites.

meller-1.jpg
my grams thought he was awesome.

Thank you for sharing that information and the pics. Once you have a melleri it's hard to not want another one.

Back
Top Bottom