Sad Christmas day.

RyU

Christmas morning my female K. Multituberculata climbed down from her free range and ignored the laying bin. She's gone now and I've searched everywhere. I mean she just vanished. This isn't the first time a cham has come down from FR and I can usually find them. I have turned the cham room upside down these last couple days and found nothing.

There were two eggs in a partially buried hole and I'm afraid she's become eggbound. I've given up hope of finding her alive....or even at all. -=(

I'm so sorry. :( I hope she turns up, and that she's ok. Do you have any house plants where she might have decided to lay instead?

Never give up!! They LOVE crawling in tight spaces for some reason so look in ever corner... under every dresser/cabinet. She is there my friend and you need to keep looking.

I've checked all the usual "hotspots" including plants, other FRs and even the Christmas tree. Nothing. I mean it's like she just up and vanished. I've put down a series of potted plants in the room to try and coax her out.

Never give up!! They LOVE crawling in tight spaces for some reason so look in ever corner... under every dresser/cabinet. She is there my friend and you need to keep looking.

I just took my ventilation apart...seems she's not there either. I have a debriding kit ready in case I find a corpse I'll try to save the eggs.

Is there a door to the room she was in? Was it closed last night? They're so sneaky, and can hide so well in right under your nose.

Im sorry to hear that, but definitely don't give up. My son once had one of the females outside on a bush, and forgot about her. She was gone for 2 months and 3 days. My 2 yr old found her in the yard while his pap was watching him. So, don't give up, you never know. I hope all is well with her, and she laid everything she had.

Scott

Is there a door to the room she was in? Was it closed last night? They're so sneaky, and can hide so well in right under your nose.

Door was left open that night. I've looked everywhere from storage rooms to the coat racks.

Im sorry to hear that, but definitely don't give up. My son once had one of the females outside on a bush, and forgot about her. She was gone for 2 months and 3 days. My 2 yr old found her in the yard while his pap was watching him. So, don't give up, you never know. I hope all is well with her, and she laid everything she had.

Scott

Yea, I had a female veild that was FR outside and lost her for almost the entire summer. Why I'm so worried is that because she dropped the two eggs, she is going to be eggbound. She has also gone off food for about 4 days prior. Going on two more days from that so she will be starving to death soon.

I found mine inside an old prom dress. I looked in it 3 times before I found my old jackson. I had to pay down every article of clothing. And took apart every dresser and cabinet. It took hours to find him. If she's anything like mine she will turn up somewhere you looked 800 times.

Aww man, i lost one like that, he was free roaming and it did not end well, hopefully she is still in your house, do you have other pets, like cats or dogs?, try behind the toilets and under the tables, inside the couches, i still have 2 chams and let them FR our house and that is where i usually find them, good luck

Sana

Oh wow, that is awful! I am so sorry, but I do believe you will find her somewhere, they can not just disappear! Just like Sanababit asked, are there other pets?Or could she climb in the furnace?

My very best luck to you!!!!!

I found mine inside an old prom dress. I looked in it 3 times before I found my old jackson. I had to pay down every article of clothing. And took apart every dresser and cabinet. It took hours to find him. If she's anything like mine she will turn up somewhere you looked 800 times.
I've got this exact feeling....

Fingers are crossed that she found somewhere else to lay and that you find her, quickly.
Thanks, my wife went for a pedicure and I was supposed to clean up Christmas mess, but days later most of the crap is still there. I JUST got the dishes done now...I'm trying to find her but as the days go by, chances are getting slimmer.

Don't give up. People give up too soon when looking for lost animals. She won't likely starve to death, laying eggs or no eggs.

Good luck. I've "misplaced" my parrots many times when I've flown them outside. I know how you are feeling.

To give you an idea as I agree people give up too soon. The rescue I'm with lost a dog for 2 years and we still found her. In bad shape but still alive and we never stopped looking for her. She was found swimming in a lake 2 hours from where she ran from. Now yes that is a dog as I have not lost a reptile yet but don't stop looking.

:( so sorry to hear she is missing - I know it might sound odd, but maybe at night turn off all the lights and look w/ a flash light , like as if she were lost outside - I am not familiar w/ them, but do they go light colored when they sleep - maybe she will be easier to find in the dark with a light - I had a Cuban Knight anoel get out once, I found her on another floor of the house, on a cham cage under the light - and these are not small lizards - I really hope you find your girl - xxxing my fingers for you

Back
Top Bottom