rubbing eyes

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, female, age unknown. How long has it been in your care? 4 weeks
you will need to setup a laying bin. Female chams can lay infertile eggs without ever being with a male.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? daily for about 15 minutes as she doesnt really like being handled

if she doesn’t like being handled why are you handeling her everyday?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? SMALL CRICKETS What amount 6-10 DAILY What is the schedule? I FEED HER DAILY How are you gut-loading your feeders? FRUIT
what type of fruit? You should be gutloading with dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, berries, apples, pears, melon etc.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? REPTICALCIUM WITHOUT D3 DAILY
as others have said you need to add a calcium with d3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a month on alternating weeks.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? MISTING AND HUMIDIFIER How often and how long to you mist? 4 TO 5 TIMES DAILY Do you see your chameleon drinking? YES
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. UNSURE OF POOP DROPPINGS ALL I SEE ARE WHITE SPOTS ALL OVER THE CAGE
the white part is the Urates (chameleon pee) the poop would be a dark brownish
  • Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? NO SHE HASNT NOT SINCE BEEN IN MY CARE
  • History - BOUGHT AT A PETSUPPLIES PLUS UNSURE OF HER HISTORY

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? SCREEN CAGE
You will need to upgrade you cage eventually to at least a 18x18x36. 24x24x48 is much better though.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? using uv bulb and white normal bulb unsure of watts came with my chameleon cage kit
as others have said switch the uvb bulb for a linear one those coil bulbs are garbage.
  • Temperature - 75-85 , overnight is 65 thermometer and hydrometer
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? humidifier and misting it stays between 60-80 %
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? none
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? on a table about 2 ft off ground. Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? no At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? about 4.5 ft
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? ky

Current Problem - she keeps her left eye closed and rubbing it last 2 days

Back
Top Bottom