rubber tree safe to eat???

not safe to eat, its mildly toxic. If you have a cham that doesnt eat a lot of plants it would be a calculated risk, but if your cham is a big plant eater then its probably best not to include in your enclosure

in general, anything with a white-milky sap is not safe to consume

Lol I thought he meant he actually was eating a fake tree... I was like NOOO!!! But yeah I don't think rubber trees are on the nontoxic list. I would stick to potho plants, scheffelera aka umbrella plant, and ficus Benjamin trees.

My veiled has been eating it. I bought it from Walmart as a " Ficus Benjamin" but while I was looking at some plants on google i found out its a rubber tree, wtf Walmart. He has been eating it for a while its been his favorite plant since he little. Should i be worried though?

my veiled female chows down on her hibiscus...she ate all the flowers off the star jasmine in one day as soon as i put it in the cage..itll never grow anothe flower because she smashes them before the bloom...and every now and then.. she grabs a scheffelera leaf..she doesnt eat the camillia but it hasent bloomed either so that may change when the flowers come in..

My veiled has been eating it. I bought it from Walmart as a " Ficus Benjamin" but while I was looking at some plants on google i found out its a rubber tree, wtf Walmart. He has been eating it for a while its been his favorite plant since he little. Should i be worried though?

technically speaking everything in the ficus genus is mildy toxic to varying degrees, even the benjamina. The sap contains irritants that can bother sensitive tissues and in particular the digestive tract, though your cham would probably have to chew a lot of the plant down. If hes chowing it I'd try swapping it out for something else, its probably not great for him in high quantities

from what ive read, if its mildly toxic then youd want to remove it IF he eating alot of it.. pothos are mildly toxic but i havent read about a cham that just demolished a pothos is afew days...maybe a few leaves or pieces of leaves here and there..if hes eating alot of it constantly id probably switch it to a hibiscus.. alot of people say they dont do well indoors but mine are great.. they are growing a budding like crazy ans they can eat them.. no problem...and if you get him a small one you probably wont have to worry about it growing if he eats alot of plants..does he drink? mines is a finicky drinker even with the mistings and the dripper...she just doesnt seem to like water but her food is really well hydrated and she does grab a leaf or 2 in the morning..hr poops look good so shes getting it from somewhere.. and she probably drinks im probably at work when she does though

I haven't seem him drink since I first got him but I'm most definitely going to get some different plants. He doesn't eat it all the time but he does eat it. It's a ficus burgundy.

you can look int o hydrating plants too like jade, thats all moisture and my cham munches on it from time to time.. i think its kind of a veiled thing..even the male i picked up recently.. he drank for like 10 minutes day one and I havent seen him drink since at all but.. leaves are missing from his plants...and i use really hydrated and loaded crickets and loaded dubia and red runner roaches so im think hes getting water from the feeders, mainly crickets because their diet is mainly for hydration just because i dont actually see them drinking...doesnt mean they arent.. im just never around for it

Back
Top Bottom