Roux biting branches.

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Woke up this morning to roux biting his branches. About 8months male Nosy Be. I seem to remember either an article or recent post about this. Anyone see this behavior before? I looked at the branch closely after I chased him off and he did not remove any of the bark/wood.

Yup this is a normal thing among panther chameleons in my experience with 4, all of them did it. The one really liked dead crunchy leaves as well. They also like to bite at rocks. For mine it ended around early adulthood. Never see them do it anymore.

Ripley does it sometimes too, I put a post up a few weeks ago, I wonder if it is a teething type thing since it was said they it was only seen in young Chams then they stopped, I know they have little teeth in there ‍♀️

Ripley does it sometimes too, I put a post up a few weeks ago, I wonder if it is a teething type thing since it was said they it was only seen in young Chams then they stopped, I know they have little teeth in there ‍♀️
I remember reading some thing about this recently, must have been your post. I posted the video in several groups I’m in and they all seem to agree it’s just something adolescent panthers do, no one really knows why...

my veild doing same way, i thought it is normal
too, sometime he shoot his tongue to the dirt on tree pot. so i cover it up with paper towel. it should okay now

my veild doing same way, i thought it is normal
too, sometime he shoot his tongue to the dirt on tree pot. so i cover it up with paper towel. it should okay now
You should cover the dirt with a layer of 1 inch river rock. They sell this at craft stores you don’t want him accidentally ingesting the paper towel.

Back
Top Bottom