Roly polys

Actually I feed mine off, and they are large but aren't the largest, they are the second largest and get to their largest size more averagly than any other species as long as kept correctly.

I recently purchased some zebra and some peach isopods along with giant canyons. If you keep looking you can find some neat ones pop up for sale from time to time.

Are you keeping them all together? One species will likely out compete the other and the others will die out. Unless you have a large enough enclosure for them all.

are you keeping smaller trilobites? or larger ones? how often do you clean their water and what are you feeding them?

I am talking about them too, there are a couple species marine trilobites linked back to those of prehistoric species that are still available for keeping in this time and age... though it isn't easy and need much more care than people realize ^^

no not the big ones XD it seems like the actual species Trilobites are extinct because they evolved into other things, excuse my poor wordage. But the genus Trilobita is still very much alive which is how we got the huge marine arthropods we have today and marine horshocrabs... I think some people have the giant marine isopods I am thinking about in large home aquariums. Though I am not sure how well they actually do?

Oh yeah I know which you mean. I used to have reefs. Isopods were usually or always terrible because they were parasitic. Not sure about the huge ones

I am not sure about the giant ones either... I am sure they are parasitic in an aquarium enviroment, not sure how much so in the sea... how were they parasitic? to the coral/reef itself or the fish?

Sorry I looked it up, it's been years for me(I did reefs as a kid from like 14-18 years old). The parasitic ones would latch onto fish and suck their blood. The fish was killed by this a lot of the times. I personally never had them, but knew people that did

Andee, I see you breed insects, that is something I want to get into as a side project of this hobby. Do you also breed isopods? I ask because I will eventually go bioactive and would like to know where to get all these pods.

Back
Top Bottom