Rocco'z Diary - Veiled Cham

Just a little updated pic attached :D

Attachments

• P111010_18.32.jpg
    P111010_18.32.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 177
Hi guys!
Nice to see some other south african men on here. I also have veiled chameleons. I had two males and two females, but unfortunately one of my females died this morning.
I agree with you guys about the expo, I also went on the saturday and I was not impressed by what they had there.
The only chameleons that I saw where three adults and then the one stall that had the baby veileds for sale. I was kinda hoping to find some other chameleons there, but no luck.
The feeders prices where great and I picked up some superworms for almost half what you usually pay for them and also some heating pads and thermometers, but other than that there wasn't much that I was interrested in.
Hope to keep in contact with you guys.

Nice man, hows about some new pics of Rocco himself? ;) :)

Cool the weather is looking great this morning :D Will see what i can do and get some proper pics during the day. :)

Early morning shot, with my kek phone camera, going to lend a better camera later today.

Yesterday to my surprise after work i found the cricket tank invaded by small red ant. Was wondering were these mofoz came from. Its cleaned up now.

Attachments

• Photo-0180.jpg
    Photo-0180.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 163
Sunday Morning. Its overcast out side. :/

Guys i was wondering is a Aquarium liner tube ok to add some extra visual light?

@chameleonneeds Added some pics :p

Attachments

• P161010_19.00.jpg
    P161010_19.00.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Photo-0182.jpg
    Photo-0182.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 155
Hes looking good, I dont know about the aquarium light. You can get some nice bulbs for reptiles at the petstores. The white ones are good, but they will probably be basking bulbs so buy a really weak one because you dont really need an extra heat bulb.

OK I caught him on my cell, doing his water bask! :D

I have a .3gp vid need to get it on youtube for you guys.

Oh and BTW awesomeness day in SA, with uber clear skies.

oops! this was supposed to go on the other topic i created. lol

Attachments

• Photo-0184.jpg
    Photo-0184.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 146
Guys in looking for a small misting system. That i can get locally do any of you know any cool DIY kits?

Im not sure if you will find a proper misting kit that easily, if you do it will probably be quite expensive.

You will have to DIY the whole thing.

I will defiantly be doing a DIY system.

Quick question guys, from what you can see is the 14w repti glo 5.0 compact fine until the end of the month i want to get him a tube, also i am not sure if i should use the repti glo 10.0 instead of the 5.0 as i see the 10.0 is the recommended one as per the exo terra graphs.

Also i haven't seen Rocco eat since Friday, is this something to worry about?

He might just be off his food for a while, if he is still drinking and acting normal for now then there should be nothing to worry about.

I would use the 5.0, I just heard from everyone else that it is the safest to go with. I think it would depend on what type of screen/mesh the UV has to penetrate through.

Yea he is acting fine, i think he just over ate on Thursday.

He really had a good day outside yesterday.

I will be getting a repti glo 5.0 tube end of the month :)

Upgraded budget dripper

1 minute budget dripper update.

Cut the end of the out let into a small v tip. Tubing is very soft. :D Hope he likes it. :p

Attachments

• Photo-0191.jpg
    Photo-0191.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 155
lol! a few min later guess who came to check it out and have a drink, i just missed him with the camera. :cool:

Attachments

• Photo-0193.jpg
    Photo-0193.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Photo-0192.jpg
    Photo-0192.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 146
A quick update

So the last two weeks have been just great for all the new additions in the house. See attached pics.

The little Marmoset is also doing really great.

How do you guys rate me as a newbie cham keeper? :p I feel im doing everything to the best that i can and keep it constant, and i wish this on all the new cham keepers out there.

Another thing i would like to ask you guys, is there anyone in the Johannesburg area that can offer me a juv Panther Cham. Thanks.

Attachments

• Photo-0211.jpg
    Photo-0211.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Photo-0212.jpg
    Photo-0212.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Photo-0195.jpg
    Photo-0195.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Photo-0215.jpg
    Photo-0215.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo-0204.jpg
    Photo-0204.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 163
Hey, he is looking good same with the monkey. About the Panthers your looking at about R2000 Each and thats if you can find one forsale. I have a female that is going to be paired with a fresh new ambanja panther bloodline in S.A so hopeing to get some good babies, plus the panthers I will have will be rare and have colours like no other males in S.A.

Hey, he is looking good same with the monkey. About the Panthers your looking at about R2000 Each and thats if you can find one forsale. I have a female that is going to be paired with a fresh new ambanja panther bloodline in S.A so hopeing to get some good babies, plus the panthers I will have will be rare and have colours like no other males in S.A.

Cool i will definitely take one, will give half as a deposit just so that you can keep me one. Best of luck with the pairing and looking forward to hearing from you when they are ready.

Sounds good, when I have eggs close to hatching time I will let you know. You wont have to pay deposit for me to keep it, I will just hang onto it for you.

So has your female been sex'd yet. Im taking it could take another year for the eegs to hatch once laid?

Back
Top Bottom