Road trip, worried about altitude change.

Alliexgremlin

So my family is going on a road trip and I can’t back out of it and no one can take care of my chameleon, so I have to bring him with me. The drive is about 4 hours and 30 minutes. I am worried about the altitude change also. Will the altitude change mess with and and possibly kill him? We are trying to find somthing to bring him in, what is the best to transport a veiled chameleon.

Do you have your cage automated for misting and lights? How old is the cham?
No I do not have the automatic misting dot lighting, I spray by hand. My cham I got her 4 ish months ago, and she looked to be about a couple weeks when I got her.

No I do not have the automatic misting dot lighting, I spray by hand. My cham I got her 4 ish months ago, and she looked to be about a couple weeks when I got her.
My honest opinion is you want to find someone to come in and care for her morning and evening to spray and add her dripper along with feeding her. Get timers for your lighting so they do not have to do anything with that. There should be pet sitters in your area. Call vets as vet techs will do pet sitting as well.

4 days in a car driving around is going to be very stressful for her. They are creatures of habit and do not like change.
If your only option is taking her then maybe @jannb can post a pic of her travel bins she makes.

Back
Top Bottom