Roaches!

Lacilolol

I have an adult Veiled Chameleon and was wondering how many roaches and how often I should feed him. I usually feed him 10 crickets a day, but after reading others posts it seems like I’m feeding him too much/often.

adult cricket = .25g
male adult dubia = 1.50g
female adult dubia = 3.00g
1" nymph but it was 1.25g
between 1/2 and 5/8 where .22g each
adult superworm = .50g

Honestly... I do not feed even that much. I have a male Veiled. He gets 1 large dubia every other day. When I was feeding him more then that he started getting fat. They will eat and eat even though they are overweight and unhealthy. I still give him a few BSFL every other day and a few BSF or Blue bottle flies. Then he gets 2 hornworms a week. But honestly. You need to look at what his total length is and his weight. Then look at his casque is he holding fat in the casque? what about his cheek area and his arms. All of these external areas that we are able to see are the last to get fat. The first place is around their internal organs. That is why we need to be so careful with feeding amounts. :)

Honestly... I do not feed even that much. I have a male Veiled. He gets 1 large dubia every other day. When I was feeding him more then that he started getting fat. They will eat and eat even though they are overweight and unhealthy. I still give him a few BSFL every other day and a few BSF or Blue bottle flies. Then he gets 2 hornworms a week. But honestly. You need to look at what his total length is and his weight. Then look at his casque is he holding fat in the casque? what about his cheek area and his arms. All of these external areas that we are able to see are the last to get fat. The first place is around their internal organs. That is why we need to be so careful with feeding amounts. :)

Yea my oust was 25% heavier than a veiled, and he ate 2 males and 1 female a week.

Back
Top Bottom