Roach sighting ends roommateship

I just thought of something. East Bay Vivarium has a kennel service for your reptiles. If you find out what day the landlord is coming to speak to you, you can drop your cham off at EBV with his cage. Then You can show the landlord around to show proof that there is no animals in the house. It sounds crazy but it just might work...lol

I just thought of something. East Bay Vivarium has a kennel service for your reptiles. If you find out what day the landlord is coming to speak to you, you can drop your cham off at EBV with his cage. Then You can show the landlord around to show proof that there is no animals in the house. It sounds crazy but it just might work...lol

Clever..... But won't Fractal think I've left him at a reptile orphanage? <G>
Actually... that's some good information... thanks!

I just can't believe all this legal fuss over a foot long lizard! And I'll NOT stay here if he's not welcome. I've been kind of looking... just that all that insane hunting while Fractal was lost has me sick right now. (cough, cough, guts, cough) :p"
Hey... I'm just so happy to have my guy in his new huge cage I just built for him.
=sigh= :}mmm

I've found that even though my lease said no pets, we had a seperate pet lease... when it said only 2 pets, I kinda freaked and asked what they thought of chameleons/lizards. The manager said that b/c they lived in a contained space (ie:cage) and that they were not dangerous (would likely not bite or kill anyone) that they did not count towards the pet policy. I know this is specific to my apartment complex, but I know that even college dorms sometimes make exceptions like that. As long as you don't have the roaches around when he comes by, you can claim that they arrived on some produce from the store this last time you went shopping. (My leasing office used that excuse when we saw a roach & they didn't want to come spray at a time convenient for us to get the animals out). You can claim that you trapped the roach and tossed it into the cham cage as a pesticide-free way of ridding the place of the roach... We all know you would never risk that with your cham, but your landlord does not.
Good Luck!! (and sorry your roommate was so sketchy about it)

Truth is, I have no excuse... I had the container the roaches arrived in on the counter. I found it with the label turned toward the outside when I distinctly put it toward the wall as it was drip drying. She read it. She is a major witness and will not speak to me. I've tried to talk to her, but she just told me to get out of her way and left for the weekend. The cool thing is, I've already replaced her with a cool guy who knows the whole story and needs a place for one month. I hope he doesn't change his mind, but supposedly he's moving in on April fool's day. lol I hope she's found a place.

The roommate has moved out prematurely while I was at work. Probably afraid her things would get roach infested. And now we have no roaches to feed Rractal. Poor guy.... :{ He needs a care package. lol Dubias would be nice. hint hint. Seriously, can I buy any from someone breeding them here? Like 20 or so? ASAP?

I've been evicted for having too many fish tank in my apartment, 675 gallons was aparantly to much. It all started when the cops thought I was growing an illegal substance (pot) because of the light coming from my apartment window, it was my metal halide lights for my reef tank. I came home from lunch one day and there was my landlord and 5 cops in my apartment "checking out the situation." I was given eviction papers 3 days later by 2 of the cops that were checking things out. My lease didn't say anything about pets, but he wanted me out. One nice thing tho, the cops after they got off duty the day I moved helped me move all my tanks

My uncle has 20 some rentals, And they can and will get rid of anyone they want almost whenever they want, leases protect the landlords only, if you get served on the 10th they can legally have you out on the 30th.... or you will pay another months rent and still have to be out.. I have seen the police watch my uncle as he physically moved the tenants stuff out to the curb and change the locks on the apartments... this kinda thing sucks, but its life.. My Uncle is a A_Hole hahaha just thought I would chime in on this one, how did the move go? Find a new/ better place for you and Fractal?

Back
Top Bottom