Roach bite

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Never seen this happen before from a roach. A hisser fought back pretty hard today and bit my cham on his nose. Little bit of blood, I sprayed it off with the mister... was thinking of applying manuka honey or chlorhexidine, but it wasn't that bad. Any thoughts?

This isn’t how to convince me to start hissers dude thank next roach :ROFLMAO:

I hope our god no name will be ok. Do chams name a noise if they get hurt or are they silent warriors?
I also want to know the answer to this question

He didnt even care, hes a warrior lol. I just sprayed it off with the hose, I think itll be fine. It wasn't bad, and hissers don't normally bite. I think it was a last chomp down because the cham was chomping it and the roach mouth just happened to be right next to his skin.

Btw this hisser was an adult Male Halloween. About 3/4 the size of my thumb, so a pretty decent sized roach. Bigger than adult dubias or orangehads

I didn't even know they could bite. I hold the Hissers sometimes and they never even attempted to what I thought was a bite. Sometimes the males will hiss though.

This is crazzy.

There so cute though. And they grow super slow, so you can feed smaller ones.
@jamest0o0 just convinced me to keep a colony of dubias witch I now love and record them molting because I’m weird like that but a giant roach that could bench press me idk. I do want a parsonii one day so I need to stop being a scaredy-cat. Do they really hiss and how loud do they hiss? Will my husband freak out like a little girl?

@jamest0o0 just convinced me to keep a colony of dubias witch I now love and record them molting because I’m weird like that but a giant roach that could bench press me idk. I do want a parsonii one day so I need to stop being a scaredy-cat. Do they really hiss and how loud do they hiss? Will my husband freak out like a little girl?

Yes they hiss, it's pretty loud for such a small bug. I don't really notice them doing when the cage is put up, but when it's down and the lid is open and you make them upset ya you can hear it from a few feet away.

Never seen this happen before from a roach. A hisser fought back pretty hard today and bit my cham on his nose. Little bit of blood, I sprayed it off with the mister... was thinking of applying manuka honey or chlorhexidine, but it wasn't that bad. Any thoughts?

I'd second betadine ("weak tea" iodine) or Flamazine, mostly cause I have it on hand and use it a lot at work, but it's a good location for a spot of manuka honey if you don't have either of those.

I had a super pinch Lily's turret the other day and she flinched really hard. Scared the bejesus out of me, but thankfully it didn't even leave a mark!

Nope, a horde of hiss angry roaches aren’t my life style

They don't hiss because they are angry. They hiss because they are scared lol. They fight each other, and hiss during that I guess but I have never seen it.

I'd give them a shot, they are by far my favorite roach species. They are so pretty. Even my wife and kids who hate roaches like them, my wife plays with them more than I do. When we got the first clucth of babies born she was like "they are a little family how cute",

Back
Top Bottom