RIP

Just thought that I would update you all on Walker's condition. Sadly, on Mother's Day, he passed away from unknown causes. It turned out that he didn't have a respiratory infection. My vet wasn't too sure of what was going on with him, so I was going to take him to a bigger and better vet after the weekend, but sadly he didn't make it. His health really declined his last few days. He got so skinny real quick, and he wasn't using his basking light at all. Not to mention he wouldn't eat. I tried to give him his favorite treat, wax worms, but he didn't want anything to do with them either, so that was how I knew that something was extremely wrong. (We all pretty much came to the conclusion that he was born sick and we just had to give him the best care that we could until his time came.)

One minute he was doing alright, so I went about my daily life. I was at my desk doing some work, then I turned around to see him hanging upside down from a branch with hardly any color on him. I took him off of it and held him until he passed. Although I had him shortly longer than a month, he had taught me a lot. I loved him so much. It's so strange not having to be throwing food into his cage every day and him begging for treats.

So thank you guys for being there and giving me advice when I needed it most. I'm so glad that I had found this forum. Maybe in a year or so I'll try again with a chameleon.

-Gabby

well i hope you spent a lot of time with him in his last few days. he definitely was in the greatest care he could get. is not your fault. you did everything you could. im sorry

Back
Top Bottom