RIP Mordecai

Mason

My first Cham Mordecai died inexplicably whilst being cared for at my girlfriends house. She is a breeder and agreed to grow him out for me so I could take care of him easier. She had all the recommended husbandry things due to her breeding them including a right size enclosure proper hydration lighting temp etc. Worst part is he looked perfectly healthy. He ate like a pig drank lots of water only slept at night and was getting colours at a very young age. He had no burn marks or bodily damage in any way. I have no Idea what happened :(

Very unfortunate.... Make sure you spend a lot of time researching the needs of chameleons before going out and buying another one. It'd be a shame for this to happen to another chameleon.

I have lost a couple like this... Only way to know is to do a necropsy.. I have seen things from a twisted intestine to an aneurism around the heart. Kind of natural selection in captivity if there is such a thing

I'm sorry to hear that. It looks like you only had him (or your girlfriend) for like three weeks...either he was sick when you got him, or there must have been something very wrong with the husbandry. As previously stated, please review what his current husbandry was and compare vs the care sheets to see what may have gone wrong.

I checked everything and it was near perfect. I am working on saving and buying an older cham for less worry with the baby stage. Mordecai is my first and will always be missed :(

Back
Top Bottom