RI??

MattandRicco

Established Member
Hey guys so today I saw RICO with his mouth slightly open (half gape) no tongue sticking out, no excees saiva or noise while breathing, no bubbles.
Appetite is really good hey ate 15 3/4" crickets today and 3 silk workms.

Poop/urates = perfect colour and consistency

Temps day basking 82F, ambient between 77F-80F
Humidity 40%

Nightime 60F humidity 75%

Lights t5 ho 5.0 UVB 8-9" from basking
T5 ho sunblaster for plants

Basking daylight bulb 60w (on from 9am-12pm

Mistking - 7:40am 15mins
8pm. 15min

Calcium w/o D3 every day
Reptivite W D3 twice a month

I feed my feeders, mangoes, carrots, green leaf lettuce, kale, apples, bananas, strawberries and sweet potatoes

He is 4month old male veiled chameleon, still very active and loves to hunt for his food.

I cant get a pic he closes his mouth when I get close oh and he does NOT point his nose in the air.

His colours are perfect and no sunken eyes

Anythung helps thanks

Your still misting in the AM a bit longer then I would prefer. I would imagine with 15 minute mistings your enclosure takes quite awhile to actually dry back out.
Make sure your basking temp really is 82. This can be even dropped back to 80.

You have great husbandry! The only things I can see that could be improved is to ditch the lettuce for feeding your buggies and you could reduce misting time...15 minutes is a lot.

Your still misting in the AM a bit longer then I would prefer. I would imagine with 15 minute mistings your enclosure takes quite awhile to actually dry back out.
Make sure your basking temp really is 82. This can be even dropped bac
You have great husbandry! The only things I can see that could be improved is to ditch the lettuce for feeding your buggies and you could reduce misting time...15 minutes is a lot.
2x 6mins? For misting? And why ditch the lettuce? Is the kale ok?

Make sure your basking temp really is 82. This can be even dropped back to 80.
Well I had dropped it to 6 mins both tines but uoped it today, I thought he might be dehydrated

Well I had dropped it to 6 mins both tines but uoped it today, I thought he might be dehydrated
I doubt it. I only run a 2 minute and a 3 minute... I know it is easy to overthink and second guess what you do. Just remember we are looking at what we do and the effect it has on the cham. So you reduce your mistings and watch urates to see how they look.

Back
Top Bottom