rhampholeon spectrum (spectrum pygmy chameleon) eggs laid today!

tryme

My female rhampholeon spectrum laid her clutch of two eggs today!! Any precautions to take? What should I do to prepair for the newborn? (D.w i'm planning on keeping both and at most giving one away to my sisters bf who is also a lizard guy) Is it ok to go near her eggs? She seems to be sticking by them. How long will they take to hatch?

no help on this specific subject sorry but your from london arent you (if i remember correctly). Just out of curiosity, where did you get your pygmys from? as i live in essex and i am looking to get some. thanks

Yeah mine are WC they've got alot of other CB reptiles though. You can see a few on their site although they got more in the shop etc. My pygmys seem fine atm.

Hi, I "know" you from the LF forum.If I wereyou Id take the eggs out- carefully and incubate them in vermiculite.I had some Brevs that laid without my knowledge in the vivarium, I only knew when I saw some tiny babies in the foilage, I dont know how long they had been there before I saw them as my vivs are heavily planted and my Brevs live in little groups.To be safe and protect the eggs from crickets I would remove them.
Love Tawny

i have incubated them at room temp. in vermiculite and had success. I used the same incubation process as I would a R. brevicaudatus.

Back
Top Bottom