Rhampholeon accuminatus

ChrisZ

I was looking for a group of dwarf/leaf chameleons for a while and I was surprised I saw some available in a shop nearby. I got 4.6 Rhampholeon accuminatus and was wondering if any of you guys are keeping these great creatures and can share their experience with me. It's hard to find any information on the internet.

I'm happy right now to see so many. I've wanted these for 3+ years now but could never find them. When I did contact people there's died the week they were gonna ship them out to me.

Hey that is awesome! Not very common to see these guys. Their care is relatively simple to brevicaudatus, but being one of the bigger pygmys they need more space. They also will do well with quite a bit of vertically oriented branches because these guys will climb far more than your regular pygmy. Looking at their coloration, you can tell that they spend quite a bit of time in greener parts of the Forrest, so they will use climbing branches. Very exciting group and good luck.

Also, if my memory serves me correctly, this is a more montane species that will do well with temps a little cooler, although that is the same with most pygmys. When I get home I will check and try to give you some more specific info.

Also, if my memory serves me correctly, this is a more montane species that will do well with temps a little cooler, although that is the same with most pygmys. When I get home I will check and try to give you some more specific info.

Allright, thank you for replies. These are indeed montane pygmys so they are in the same room as my Melleri, Quadricornis, Deremensis, Parsonii and Jacksonii.

They are pretty active but they like to hide themself aswell. They will go to sleep in half an hour, I'll let you guys know how they are doing tomorrow :)

They are incredible! I also have been looking for them! I wish you the best of luck and many fertile eggs/babies to come!

Yesterday I didn't pay a lot of attention at them, I wanted them to settle well. Today I have been feeding them and saw atleast 3 gravid females, I can feel the eggs inside :)

They are more active compared to Brevicaudatus, when they see their food they will start running all over eachother :)

Very cool species! I have been looking for these for a while but they are hard to find. Wish you were in the US so I could get some of your babies ;)

Very cool species! I have been looking for these for a while but they are hard to find. Wish you were in the US so I could get some of your babies ;)

I think they will be for sale in the US very soon! Lots of reptile stores here sell them since a couple of days, aswell as LOTS of Brevi's, Viridis and even some Spinosus

I think they will be for sale in the US very soon! Lots of reptile stores here sell them since a couple of days, aswell as LOTS of Brevi's, Viridis and even some Spinosus

I have seen those other species available lately but not the acuminatus. I will keep an eye out.

Allright, thank you for replies. These are indeed montane pygmys so they are in the same room as my Melleri, Quadricornis, Deremensis, Parsonii and Jacksonii.

What temps are you keeping them at? Same question about the melleri....

Accuminatus is about 25degrees celcius, 14 at night
Melleri is 30degrees celcius under it's basking spot, 14 at night aswell.

Room temperature is arround 21-22 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom