Rhamphoelon acuminatus and virdis care questions?

Mikael

So in the future I plan on getting some acuminatus or virdis and I have a few questions. What kind of cage would I need for virdis and does anyone have a care sheet on them? For acuminatus would 2 16x16x20 screen cages on a tub with substrate be okay for the acuminatus?

Could I have some care sheets for these chams and any tips are welcome!

Mikael,

I can not offer any advice for Virdis, however we do keep a few Acuminatus.

We house our pairs in Exo Terra living vivariums with aquarium chiller fans above each enclosure to keep temperatures cool and to keep air circulating to help prevent respiratory infections. Singles are in 12x12x18 and pairs are in 18x18x24s.

The biggest thing that I have learned with keeping r.acuminatus is they are VERY temperature sentative. Make sure you have the temps steady before you buy them.

Care is similar to most other pygmys species with the exception on temperatures. Anything over 75 degrees can be harmful to them. They also require a night time drop in order to get an adequate rest cycle.

Our vivs during the day are usually around 68 and at night 62.

We do provide each vivarium with a dual light fixture with a 6500k light and an arcadia 6% bulb lifted about 8" above the screen to provide adequate UVB exposure.

Unfortunately there really arnt any good care sheets in english. You have to dig to find proper care information.

Back
Top Bottom