Rest In Peace Smeegle

I got my very first chameleon on June 30 2014. From the first day all the way to the last I enjoyed watching him eat and drink everyday. Each and every day I had him I loved him so much and made sure he was eating a drinking and getting his supplements. I took the greatest care I I could give to him and was even complemented by my vet saying what a good owner I was. He just recently had started having problems starting about 2 weeks before his passing. I immediately called the vet and had him taken in and was prescribed eye drops the vet said if it didnt clear up in a week bring him back for further evaluation. After a week nothing had changed. I called the vet for an appointment on Monday.When I woke up I found Smeegle fallen to the bottom of his cage barely holding on to life. I had my father drive to the vet 3 hours before our appointment. He wasnt supporting himself in my hand as we rushed to the vet. When we pulled into the parking lot we rushed in only to be told the vet wouldnt be in for another 20 minutes. We waited outside where it was warmer. 2 minutes before the vet got back, Smeegle pinched my ring finger 3 times then died in my hands on July 6th 2015 in the parking lot. Me and my father drove home crying unbearably as my entire family loved watching him climb and change colors. On the day he died when we got home we buried him and lit off 2 fireworks for him. I cannot describe the happiness and joy you brought everyone Smeegle. We did and always still love you.

I dont understand how he died. It must have just been his time to be with God as the day before he was active and still eating with only 1 eye open. He was brought into the natrual sunlight every day with me to get natural UV he had a diverse diet and drank lots of water everyday. I have cried 9 times the day of and the day after, and and sobbing writing this for you. The whole year I had you was amazing and the best year of my life, Smeegle we will always love you!

Note my other posts about his problems were always solved afterwards. He had no other issues other than his eyes my vet said.

Really choking up right now reading this. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you find comfort in revisiting the memories of you and Smeegle's beautiful friendship.

I am very sorry for your loss. An autopsy might have been helpful to show the reason for his passing.

I am so very sorry you lost Smeegle, he sounds like a wonderful chameleon.I hope you plan to allow another chameleon the chance to share your life and love.

Honestly, an autopsy could have told me what happened, although I believe that he should rest in peace undisturbed by my curiosity. Also I do not think I could ever own another chameleon as he was so special to me and could never be replaced.

Oh my I have tears in my eyes. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had something very similar happen to my first cham although I had to have her put down. So I really understand. I could of had an autopsy also but I thought the same as you. RIP Smeegle! My thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom