Rest In Paradise my little angel Tina

giatwd

I am sorry to inform everyone that my baby Tina has passed away, it breaks my heart to be writing this but I have felt some relief hearing your guys stories so I decided to share my own

Tina is a female veiled chameleon and her age is unknown. I rescued her back in 2020 when I saw a posting on OfferUp of a you college student selling her simply because he didn’t want her anymore, I have only had Tree Frogs but once I saw her I knew I had to make sure she had a good home. I immediately went and did as much research as possible and spent hundreds on a new cage plants calcium, drippers just about everything you could think of. The day I got her she was so frightened and was always a dark dark color and clinging to the top of her extremely crowded and dirty(even mold growing all over everything inside)cage which was wayyyy to small
2315EFBA-FFB6-4F46-BD43-D32DAE5FD7EA.jpeg

Here is a photo of when I first got her
I did everything I could she was extremely malnourished despite her previous owner claiming he fed her 7 crickets a day

As time went on she got more and more comfortable and would even come out and explore and climb around and eat right out of my hand
E2301A42-5834-4B10-9DA8-7ACDA3F9C599.jpeg
E2301A42-5834-4B10-9DA8-7ACDA3F9C599.jpeg
A6397BD1-EDC6-43C0-B731-3D1F4AA5BEC2.jpeg
9D41E5DD-3CB6-4FF2-9E29-ACB4D7CB4C92.jpeg
58AEE2C0-1EF5-4C4E-BD34-A6311F6DA3C0.jpeg
E1464711-33E3-47B6-987D-BF4DE06A4583.jpeg

She was full of life and shed serveral times even laying her first eggs!! I loved her so very much and having her way such a joy

Thursday morning started like everyone does, I turned on her lamps, cleaned up any little poops I see and checked her water, she was out basking right away and when I left for work around 1:45 she was out and chilling. But after I got off I came home and the look on my boyfriends face was dreadful, he said she had passed, she was laying on the bottom of her cage and wasn’t breathing. I broke down completely she had eaten the day before and I saw her just a few hours before. I am not sure how old she was but she was truly a blessing. I don’t know why this had to happen but I know she is in a better place chasing crickets around. But now my heart is empty. I went to the pet store today where I am a regular and I broke down in the reptile room when I saw they had gotten in a young female beiled chameleon who looked identical to my Tina, and she was scared clinging to the side of her cage just like Tina was, I don’t know if I will ever feel strong enough to own another but if I do I will be sure to ask for advice as I have with Tina because you guys help a lot and these little guys are really like family.

Rest In Piece Tina😞❤️

Attachments

• 0FB82E76-3A1D-4039-A726-83A775777EA7.jpeg
    0FB82E76-3A1D-4039-A726-83A775777EA7.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 56E91BF3-14F9-400C-ABCA-F0BAE5B007BF.jpeg
    56E91BF3-14F9-400C-ABCA-F0BAE5B007BF.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 103
Sorry for your lost, I know how it feels, experienced the same recently. At least she had a good life with you and thank you for giving her a chance. Like @MissSkittles said, when the time is there, you definitely find room in your heart and there're dozens of chameleons waiting for your good heart.

I am sorry to inform everyone that my baby Tina has passed away, it breaks my heart to be writing this but I have felt some relief hearing your guys stories so I decided to share my own

Tina is a female veiled chameleon and her age is unknown. I rescued her back in 2020 when I saw a posting on OfferUp of a you college student selling her simply because he didn’t want her anymore, I have only had Tree Frogs but once I saw her I knew I had to make sure she had a good home. I immediately went and did as much research as possible and spent hundreds on a new cage plants calcium, drippers just about everything you could think of. The day I got her she was so frightened and was always a dark dark color and clinging to the top of her extremely crowded and dirty(even mold growing all over everything inside)cage which was wayyyy to small
View attachment 325501
Here is a photo of when I first got her
I did everything I could she was extremely malnourished despite her previous owner claiming he fed her 7 crickets a day

As time went on she got more and more comfortable and would even come out and explore and climb around and eat right out of my hand View attachment 325502View attachment 325502View attachment 325503View attachment 325504View attachment 325505View attachment 325506
She was full of life and shed serveral times even laying her first eggs!! I loved her so very much and having her way such a joy

Thursday morning started like everyone does, I turned on her lamps, cleaned up any little poops I see and checked her water, she was out basking right away and when I left for work around 1:45 she was out and chilling. But after I got off I came home and the look on my boyfriends face was dreadful, he said she had passed, she was laying on the bottom of her cage and wasn’t breathing. I broke down completely she had eaten the day before and I saw her just a few hours before. I am not sure how old she was but she was truly a blessing. I don’t know why this had to happen but I know she is in a better place chasing crickets around. But now my heart is empty. I went to the pet store today where I am a regular and I broke down in the reptile room when I saw they had gotten in a young female beiled chameleon who looked identical to my Tina, and she was scared clinging to the side of her cage just like Tina was, I don’t know if I will ever feel strong enough to own another but if I do I will be sure to ask for advice as I have with Tina because you guys help a lot and these little guys are really like family.

Rest In Piece Tina😞❤️
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom