Rest Easy Yoda

Today my dear companion Yoda has passed away. He was almost 7 years old. I can’t help but feel shock as I thought I had more time with him. He was such a part of my every day routine that it will take time and work to adjust.
I wanted to thank all of you and this community for being there whenever I needed an answer to any husbandry, symptoms, and paranoia.
Yoda is a male Fischers chameleon, coming from the Tanzanian jungle.
I received him from a friend when he was around a year and a half. He was my first chameleon, and I have to be honest I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The connection was undeniable and I did everything I could to give him a happy, healthy life. I can’t say I was perfect, I made plenty of mistakes but I loved him. He loved me.
He had one last adventure two weeks ago, when I accidentally left the cage door unhinged before going to work. I scoured the house for hours, searching and fearing the worse. Finally as I give up, I walk to the kitchen to find him helping me with the dishes.
They truly have little personalities and I always found myself asking “Are you smiling at me??” He was a fan of music, as he swung around to the vibrations. He also loved to visit with children, always showing off for them and being his best clown self.
He made many people smile, that is for sure. He was my friend most of all, and I am so blessed to have spent these years taking care of him. He will truly be missed.
Thank you again.

Attachments

• 904E6ED6-739A-4854-B2FE-F334CAE9F5B1.jpeg
    904E6ED6-739A-4854-B2FE-F334CAE9F5B1.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 144
  • C8065D09-DA98-4549-B42E-DBB2036A8F7D.jpeg
    C8065D09-DA98-4549-B42E-DBB2036A8F7D.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 147
  • BB38135D-B297-41E7-AA41-F369D9322061.jpeg
    BB38135D-B297-41E7-AA41-F369D9322061.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 4BA8CC7B-4D7A-4C0A-A37F-FCAEA73F1FEC.jpeg
    4BA8CC7B-4D7A-4C0A-A37F-FCAEA73F1FEC.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 150
I’m so sorry for the loss of your dear little friend! He was so beautiful and he had a long life for a chameleon so you did a great job with him.

That must be very heart breaking for you. You gave him the best life he could've had. Sorry for your loss. I love the name "Yoda" by the way.

What a beautiful chameleon. Sounds like you gave him a very full and wonderful life and he gave you much joy and love. I’m very sorry he passed. Until you meet again.

Very, very sorry for your lost🙌🏻
What a beauty he was and 7 years 👏🏻 You can be proud giving him so many years, wonderful job, he most had have the best life 🌟✌🏻

Today my dear companion Yoda has passed away. He was almost 7 years old. I can’t help but feel shock as I thought I had more time with him. He was such a part of my every day routine that it will take time and work to adjust.
I wanted to thank all of you and this community for being there whenever I needed an answer to any husbandry, symptoms, and paranoia.
Yoda is a male Fischers chameleon, coming from the Tanzanian jungle.
I received him from a friend when he was around a year and a half. He was my first chameleon, and I have to be honest I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The connection was undeniable and I did everything I could to give him a happy, healthy life. I can’t say I was perfect, I made plenty of mistakes but I loved him. He loved me.
He had one last adventure two weeks ago, when I accidentally left the cage door unhinged before going to work. I scoured the house for hours, searching and fearing the worse. Finally as I give up, I walk to the kitchen to find him helping me with the dishes.
They truly have little personalities and I always found myself asking “Are you smiling at me??” He was a fan of music, as he swung around to the vibrations. He also loved to visit with children, always showing off for them and being his best clown self.
He made many people smile, that is for sure. He was my friend most of all, and I am so blessed to have spent these years taking care of him. He will truly be missed.
Thank you again.
Sending you so much healing energy. He is such a lovely boy.

Yoda looks adorable in those photos and I’m sure he’s sorely missed. The efforts we make to give these little blessings the life they deserve pales in comparison to the joy we derive from their company.

I'm so sorry for your loss! It sounds like he led an amazing life that was provided for by you (you did fantastic)! He was a great little dude that will surely be missed. ❤️

Last edited:
7!years is a good old age for a fischers chameleon....you did well and he was lucky to have you. So sorry for your loss...hugs.

Back
Top Bottom