Respiratory problem? Thoughts?

Evo21

so I received this chameleon about two months ago from a friend that could no longer care for it. He was in a generic 16 x 16 x 30 but since then I have build him a bigger cage
Current set up:
•Screen cage 20 x 22 x 48 (not including the hidden bulbs)
•general heat range low 70s mid 80s
•basking spot mid/high 80s, very low 90s tops
•humidity is about mid 60s high 70s
Cage contains a dripper, humidifier, and a mist system, umbrella plant

diet:
•Mainly crickets (6-8 per day)
•Meal worms as a treat (3-4) once a week
•Small/mid dubia roaches (4-5) when running low on crickets
Alternating :
•wax worms as a treat
•horned worms as a treat

calcium and vitamins:
I dust the crickets with a small amount of calcium each feeding
Calcium with vitamin D 2 times a month
Herptivite multivitamins 2 times a month
chameleon info:
Male
Ambilobe panther (father) x nosey be panther (mother)
Very tamed but don’t handle often
Eats from hand, feeding bowl, free roam

cage is cleaned and sterilized every week with deep cleaning once every three weeks

a few days after receiving this chameleon I took him to the vet (specialized in exotic pets)
To get him checked out because I noticed that he would open his mouth slightly and would make a sound resembling a human stomach growl, I also thought he had shed skin in his nose but I read that it can also be the excess vitamins that can build up, I also wanted to get him checked out because on his back he has like a dried out spot that looked like it got wet to much if that makes sense, the vet checked the chameleon and said everything was good. I still notice that he does still does and has that stomach growl coming out any idea what it could be ?

also I want to keep as much humidity I can in his enclosure but Cali weather makes it hard, any ideas? I was thinking of maybe adding artificial grass to the back wall to retain moisture but I read it can contains chemicals
Open to ideas suggestions thank you all !

Attachments

Ramrod

Avid Member
so I received this chameleon about two months ago from a friend that could no longer care for it. He was in a generic 16 x 16 x 30 but since then I have build him a bigger cage
Current set up:
•Screen cage 20 x 22 x 48 (not including the hidden bulbs)
•general heat range low 70s mid 80s
•basking spot mid/high 80s, very low 90s tops
•humidity is about mid 60s high 70s
Cage contains a dripper, humidifier, and a mist system, umbrella plant

diet:
•Mainly crickets (6-8 per day)
•Meal worms as a treat (3-4) once a week
•Small/mid dubia roaches (4-5) when running low on crickets
Alternating :
•wax worms as a treat
•horned worms as a treat

calcium and vitamins:
I dust the crickets with a small amount of calcium each feeding
Calcium with vitamin D 2 times a month
Herptivite multivitamins 2 times a month
chameleon info:
Male
Ambilobe panther (father) x nosey be panther (mother)
Very tamed but don’t handle often
Eats from hand, feeding bowl, free roam

cage is cleaned and sterilized every week with deep cleaning once every three weeks

a few days after receiving this chameleon I took him to the vet (specialized in exotic pets)
To get him checked out because I noticed that he would open his mouth slightly and would make a sound resembling a human stomach growl, I also thought he had shed skin in his nose but I read that it can also be the excess vitamins that can build up, I also wanted to get him checked out because on his back he has like a dried out spot that looked like it got wet to much if that makes sense, the vet checked the chameleon and said everything was good. I still notice that he does still does and has that stomach growl coming out any idea what it could be ?

also I want to keep as much humidity I can in his enclosure but Cali weather makes it hard, any ideas? I was thinking of maybe adding artificial grass to the back wall to retain moisture but I read it can contains chemicals
Open to ideas suggestions thank you all !
Welcome to the forum.I have no idea what the unusual sound would be? There could be a clicking or wheezing sound associated with a resperatory issue but if you got an ok from vet then that's good news. Did the vet do a fecal?
I'm in San Diego county and if you are close wondering what vet you saw.

Evo21

Welcome to the forum.I have no idea what the unusual sound would be? There could be a clicking or wheezing sound associated with a resperatory issue but if you got an ok from vet then that's good news. Did the vet do a fecal?
I'm in San Diego county and if you are close wondering what vet you saw.
thank you! Appreciate the reply! Definitely not wheezing, as far as the clicking goes I would have to hear what it would sound like. No fecal was done, droppings and urites didn’t/don’t look abnormal and never crossed my mind to take a sample just in case. I’m in the LA county area

Top Bottom