Rescued a yemen chameleon in a serious condition.

What a sweet little guy. Words dont compare as to how happy myself and fellow members in this thread are for what you are doing. I got teary eyed seeing the photos. As a proud owner of a 3 month veiled, I would hate to see any chameleon in such shape. The fact that he is eating and drinking and likes to be handled shows hes in good spirits. But if I were you, no matter how bad of shape he's in, I would take care care of him until he passes. No matter how much time or assistance he requires, he deserves a shot at a happy life and that is exactly what you are giving him.

aw thankyou very much!
yes i'll do all I can to help him through it and if he does pass at least I know hes had a better time with myself. His colours are so gorgeous though when he does throw them, really vibrant greens and yellows! :D

It breaks heart to see that someone let him get that bad. I'm so glad you rescued him, you're such a great person. I hope in the future I can help chameleons as you're doing right now. He has such sweet sad eyes. I know with your care he'll pull through 100%! Please don't give up. Please keep us updated, I'm curious to see how he heals.

Thank you for being amazing!

Well do e for taking him on. I would stick with the D3 twice a month an try and get him out why you can in the sun. I wouldn't worry too much about letting some fesses run looses in the cage. If they are well gutloaded they shouldn't nibble on him. Just try a few at a time. It may be worth tryin him on some butter or silk worms as they are usually a good way of getting them to eat.

I bet his colors look amazing in the photos, keep giving him sunlight too! It must drive him nuts when he feels that natural sun :D keep us updated!!!

Despite his deformities he is awesome and so are you for taking a chameleon in that condition when a lot of others would of just walked away and only worried about the money that would be spent. As a person who has taken in rescue chams no amount of money compares to giving a chameleon the love and proper treatment it deserves. Just because they can't speak and express how they feel, they most certainly know when they are being loved by someone and show it in other ways. He looks happy and content in the pictures you posted and his colouring looks good and this will only show improvements with what you are doing for him already. The deformities will most likely never go away but he will make up for that with his personality. My self and fellow forum members can't thank you enough for doing such a great thing. Please keep us updated with lots of pics and info on how he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom