Rescued a leo

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am yet to figure out what possessed me, but I came across a very sad and malnourished looking leopard gecko last night. Of course I just had to rescue it. Haven’t even had it home for two hours yet and so far I’ve had to carefully remove stuck shed from it’s remaining toes and as an added bonus, had some quick learning about removing a massive sperm plug. Poor little guy weighs only 35 Gm. Letting him rest, warm up and get used to his new home before I offer some yummy silkworms and maybe a roach or two. His jaw doesn’t quite meet properly so I suspect a little mbd along with everything else. Didn’t get much history on him. I only know his future will be so much better.
7EB08F13-86B4-4548-BE2E-1266958CE098.jpeg

Thought I’d give an update. Little guy is now named Kirby and weighed in today at 39gm. Yay! Has been having a little bit of difficulty grabbing his food because of his protruding lower jaw, but usually grabs it or I help. Went to the vet this morning and he does have some bone issues. The jaw misalignment is from having mbd earlier and now he has osteoporosis. Obviously can’t be fixed but good supplementation will help prevent any further damage. Fecal showed a few pinworms but vet said not enough to treat. So far, he’s been active and oh so sweet. Yeah...I guess I’ll be keeping the little cutie. ?

any of his toes nipped?
I just rescued a pair of Leo, one of them is missing all His TOES!!
I'm so happy for the little dood, He found a loving home..
If you need help or advice, even though I'm not an expert, I have rehabilitated over 10 Leos just this year.

any of his toes nipped?
I just rescued a pair of Leo, one of them is missing all His TOES!!
I'm so happy for the little dood, He found a loving home..
If you need help or advice, even though I'm not an expert, I have rehabilitated over 10 Leos just this year.
He is missing some toe tips, which I assume is from bad shed. He shed last week and seemed to have no idea what his moist hide was for. I had to soak his toes to remove shed remnants/bands. He’s been doing great and last weighing had gained 9 Gm! His appetite isn’t so great this week but I’m not too concerned as my other male leo hasn’t eaten more than 2 waxworms in 2 weeks...must be a seasonal change. Also, I’ve been over feeding Kirby daily so maybe he’s just needing to settle into a ‘normal’ feeding schedule now. Thankfully he sleeps with either his head or tail peeking out from his hide so he’s getting some uvb from his light.
C60D76C0-B7D4-4433-8D3E-8EE1483F1758.jpeg
DA572675-F2EF-4345-87E5-748FEBB478DA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom