Rescue panther, don't know what locale

KellyRose12

Established Member
Okay, I rescued my new boy. I am in total love with him. His name is blue. He's the sweetest thing jumping onto my hands when I go into his cage to come out. He is doing really well, I am trying to determine his locales. I know there is no way of knowing forsure, but I would like some opinions.. I am thinking nosy be crossed with something else, but I can't figure it out. I would like to hear some opinions! (I am aware of his MBD, he is a rescue and I am giving him the proper treatment)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 220
That's what I thought. Iv been researching these guys hardcore and I thought so from the color and stripes. I'm looking into a nosy b. but will settle for an ambanja if I can't find one at repticon. Both are great looking panthers. Good of you to take him in.

Here is another picture I just took. He's sleeping so I couldn't get a pic of the face too well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 167
You're going to have one pissed off Cham in the morning if you interrupt his sleep if he is anything like mine, lol. My girl is moody if she gets woke up at all. I avoid her room at night at all cost unless she is sick, then I sneak in to peek at my baby to make sure she is breathing. I love her like one of my children. Hard to not get attached to these little guys.

My first chance to play "guess the panther".:) Better hurry before they move it.
My first thought was Nosy be but the red on the chin probably eliminates that. Probably a mix. I have only ever had a couple panthers, however. If you post this in the identity section, only very experienced panther keepers are allowed to reply. Nice chameleon, whatever local it is.

I would guess a Nosy Be possibly crossed with an Ambilobe, however Nosy Be's do show some barring occasionally darker blue bars, nearly navy blue, and they can have yellow around their faces if not reds.

Thank you all for the opinions. I was thinking Nosy Be x Ambanja also. In these pictures he looks a lot more green then he does normally. Usually he is a very royal blue, or almost a turquoise. But with that red under the chin and on his front legs, he is very unique. But I was so blessed to rescue such a sweetheart. Whatever he is, I love him to pieces. I am looking into getting a female Ambanja to mate with my sisters male ambanja. What would most likely be the outcome if I mated him with an ambanja female? Should it be avoided because he doesn't have a pure bloodline?

If you buy from a breeder they will know the locale spot on right?? I'm getting hopefully a Panther in jan and don't want to have to guess its locale too, I hope they can tell me there when I purchase it, I'd like to know if possible.

Here is another picture I just took. Thank you all for your feedback.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 180
Here is another picture I just took. Thank you all for your feedback.

Well, whatever he is he's lovely and has a great new home. If you do decide to breed the biggest concern would be informing anyone who takes the babies that you aren't certain of his actual locale. There are lots of panther crosses out there...most are viable but some are not. It won't make that much difference to HIM, just future owners.

Back
Top Bottom