Rescue help

superstiney

this is a really hard decision i have had to realize. I think it is time that i have to look for alternative options. Does anyone know of a rescue or someone who is willing to rescue Rafiki. I am unable to give him the care and attention he needs at this time and i would rather he be in a better environment. i don't want to be selfish i want his survival first and hopefully someone with more understanding will be willing. It breaks my heart to make this decision but i know it is better for my little guy.

I live in tampa... can anyone help or lead me to the right help.

Thanks again.

yeah everything.( cage light... anything i have) He is sick. and with my job and classes at the moment he can not get the care he deserves. The vet says he is anemic - i have been giving him his medicine but i cant stand seeing him like this. he deserves the attention he requres

OK-I am here in Tampa-what comes with him and what Vet has he seen and what is his diagnosis?

Word for word: Evaluation reveals Rafiki is small and underweight. Rafiki is anemic (low red blood cell count) and the white cell count us elevated. This is consistent with severe bacterial infection. Prognosis is guarded. the vet however said she does believe rafiki can make a turn around with the right attention.
i have his cage (L 1.5ft W1.5ft H3ft) the lights... some extra food and some dust.
i have his medication as well ( antibiotic and a/d high fat/ calcium food)
he went to the animal and bird hospital

I am going to assume that you would hand him over for free? Is he eating? Where about in Tampa?

yes for free. i just want him safe. i am in south tampa (macdill area) he is eating. plus i have been feeding him the formula from the vet.

I went back through old threads-in January you had him at the Vet-and it looks like for the first 9 months of his life he had no UVB-thus the MBD. Did the Vet test him for parasites? They had him on some evil combos of meds. My biggest worry right now is that he is on organ failure due to the MBD.
What meds is he on now? And what is the name of the Vet?

The guy i saw at Animal and Bird hospital is Peter Helmer i have his number also.
I believe he was tested b/c they did blood work and the MBD this vet says is under control- he says his bones are holding strong. if you like i could call Helmer and ask him any questions you have. right now his antibiotic is enrofloxacin

the vet did say he was wondering if it was kidney failure but he said after the blood work came in his organs where alright

Ok-I am pondering this. I have a huge lack of space and am working a ton of hours, but have a daughter that helps. Let me see what I can do. Certainly if anyone else wants to take him on that has more space and time don't pass up the chance. Did the Vet think he had a respiratory infection?

no not respiratory... and thank you. Of course you need to be certain with this also. thank you so much for the consideration.

Back
Top Bottom