reptisun

A 5.0 is more suited for the more common chameleons while the 10.0 is more suited for desert reptiles.

EDIT: A reptisun 10.0 would work with a more commonly kept chameleon if you are using a reptarium because of it's dense mesh.

thanks so reading your advice with other people you would say not to use a metal halide 150 aquarium light but to use a reptisun 5 with a basking bulb for day time and a moon light or infa red light at night in a screen viv what about the plants could i put the metal halide quite high up for them or is the reptisun enough i have a hibiscus rosa and a weeping vine ok so a reptisun 10 its a aluminum mesh 2x2x3

Dave Weldon posted on your other thread about the Metal Halide bulb. So go check that out. Yes, a reptisun 5.0 and a normal incandescent bulb would be great for day time. You should not use any night time bulb however. A hibiscus will need a plant light in the 6500k range, so you may want to consider getting one of those.

I would be able to help a little more if you told me what species you are looking to get.

Last edited:
A Yemen to start of with I looked at a few threads and as I have a mesh viv I'll try the reptisun 10 and see how the hibiscus gets on and I'll put the metal halide back on the fish tank its a ali mesh

What kind of mesh? Normal aluminum window screen mesh is fine with a 5.0, thick and dense mesh like a reptarium would require a 10.0.

A Yemen chameleon does not need any heat at night unless it drops below 50 degrees F, 10 degrees C.

A 5.0 is more suited for the more common chameleons while the 10.0 is more suited for desert reptiles.

EDIT: A reptisun 10.0 would work with a more commonly kept chameleon if you are using a reptarium because of it's dense mesh.

Would that include an exoterra flexarium 100 gallon?

Thanks guys so a 10 light resting on top with a reflector and the metal halide hung quite far above

Back
Top Bottom