ReptiSun 5.0 Coiled Bulb & Tortoise Question

Tatooineboy

After buying one of these and reading (afterwords) that these coiled bulbs are too concentrated for Chams, I bought the long tube version instead.

Is this coiled bulb good for any other types of Herps? I'll be getting two Russian Tortoise hatchlings soon and was wondering if the coiled bulbs would work for them as well.

Not sure if anyone out here has Tortoises or can answer my question, but I figured it would be worth a shot.

Thanks in advance!

Russians

I have a good sized group of Russians, and I would suggest a mercury vapor bulb over them if they're housed indoors... I would use mine (on a timer) for about the first 5 hours of the day with a normal Reptisun 10.0 tube light over them for the rest of the day. When I had them on tube lights with a normal spot bulb for heat, they weren't as active until I swapped it for a MV bulb; you could really see the difference after about a week of it. Mine hibernated earlier in the winter (November-February), but they're up and active now (outdoors). I love the species. They're low priced (at least the WC's are), but they're very active and easy to keep, plus they don't take up much space (and my climate is almost identical to where they come from). I'm hoping to get some CBB's later on this year from them.

Back
Top Bottom